Clutch pedal operation

adriches

1 of the problems on my seemingly never ending fault list is the clutch.

A few weeks back i had the pedal snap so went down route of welding and new white clip from skoda. The pedal has never felt right since.

Ive just had a look in my footwell and on compressing the pedal with my hand i have noticed the spring bends upwards where as i would have thought it should compress.

Is the spring operating correctly?

If it is operating incorrectly, how should it look? anyone any ideas on why it is behaving this way? & what should i do to correct it?

Been having a look just now and have re-fitted the pedal 3 times this morning, each time with the same end result. The pedal operates the clutch when compressed but still doesn't feel how id expect..

I have watched the pedal in operation and the white end of the spring which sits on the pedal rises, causing the body of the spring to bend. It just really does not look right to me.

I have checked and double checked that the spring seats correctly in the fitting in the footwell and 100% last time it was sat in position correctly.

Can anyone confirm that the spring should compress or bend please?

If it should compress then my only current idea is that the fitting in the footwell is upside down. If anyone could confirm which way this fitting should sit it would be a great help thanks

mine done the same I replaced it with a replacement from skoda. I have got the same problem but I know what mine is its the slave cylinder when the pedal snaps it bends the slave shaft causing the heavy clutch. skoda tell me every time I put it in for a service they say it need a new clutch lol. also mine slowly looses pressure so i have to lift it back up so glad i didn't fit the spring lol