MPG

Sadders

I've had my 2011 1.2TSI DSG Yeti for 6 weeks and although I like the car I am very disappointed with the MPG. I am getting round about 30mpg. Most of my driving is the daily commute through London so lots of traffic but even with this 30mpg seems low. I am fairly light on the gas and my revs are usually around the 20 mark.

Am I doing something wrong? is there a problem with the car? or is this just the mileage I can expect? 

Hi Sadders,

Keep in mind that the Yeti is the heaviest VAG model that is using the 1.2TSI engine. This implies that the great MPG potential of the 1.2 engine in general, is not likely to excel.

I manage to get around 39 MPG, but driving most of the time through light traffic with 60% highway driving.

• Like 1

Hi Sadders,

• My previous Yeti was a 2011 1.2 TSI and I achieved 40.1 mpg (on over 12000 miles) measured  on a brim to brim basis.
  • Most of my driving was on motorways and country roads.
  • Driving in excess of 65mph used considerably more fuel.
  • Once you hit 'open' uncongested roads I'm sure you'll be well pleased with your consumption figures.

Shanco

The official manufacturer Urban mpg for the 2011 1.2dsg was about 36mpg. Factor in 10% "over-optimism" of this figure (ideal official testing conditions, etc) and you've got 32.4mpg. Heavy London traffic would easily account for the shortfall. I would check the usual stuff like getting rid of excess weight in the car you don't absolutely need in there, ensuring it's serviced (should be as you just got it recently) and having the tyre pressures optimal to improve rolling resistance (maybe 1/2 to 1 psi above recommended, although tbh, this probably won't make much difference;can't hurt though...)

Edited by fastestlouigie