Misty rear window...

Hi all,

I have noticed that my rear window is alway fogged up. Every journey I'm pressing the rear window heater element on. Anyone else have the same experience? Anyone have a solution?

• Like 1

Hi all,

I have noticed that my rear window is alway fogged up. Every journey I'm pressing the rear window heater element on. Anyone else have the same experience? Anyone have a solution?

Yep - same problem with mine (which considering my heated rear window didn't work for the first 5 weeks of ownership made life interesting).

Best advice I can give you is to clean the inside of all the windows with a good quality glass cleaner such as AutoGlym Fast Glass in order to remove as much moisture and other residue off the glass. The cleaner the glass, the less it will fog.

• Like 1

Mine too always and so did my previous Octavia but my Citigo never does [emoji16].

As said it's something you'll have to live with on these. Having the AC on does help quite a bit [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty grim when you have to use those on modern cars these days [emoji57]

In our staff car park my Rapid and my friends A7 are the only cars misted up and all the others are clear and non VAG cars [emoji19]

This is normally a sign of excess moisture in the car.

Used to get this a lot with my MKII Octavia FL - originated from small amounts of water getting in through a grommet behind the bumper into the rear wheel well.

Sealed it and the problem stopped overnight.

Often also a problem with those that never open their windows when driving - remember that car windows are single glazed so it's the same principal as moisture collecting on single glazed window in a house.

At this time of year I'm regularly the last car out of the car park at work while I wait for my windscreen to clear and that's an 18 month old Civic.

I'm thinking that there must be a leak somewhere as I have the aircon on all of the time which is meant to remove excess moisture and I never leave wet items in the car.

Ah well in 3 weeks time it will be someone else's problem :p

• Like 1

New car smell isn't what it used to be. It's all chemical smelly these days. More plastics and less wood I guess...

New Hyundai smell put me off even taking a test drive of the i30.  It looked and smelt as plastic as if Fisher Price had made it!

Well mine currently smells of pumpkin spice - new Waxybox air freshener hanging off my rear view mirror - a definite step up from the plastic smell it had when I got it.

Will be even nicer once I've properly cleaned the interior with my own products.

• Like 1

I've noticed you can set the heat direction to floor when parked and the windscreen doesn't mist up when parked. Bit of an old tip that but has helped me tonight [emoji106]

Still can't stop the rear misting though [emoji19]

Had to have two goes with the rear demist this morning, particularly to clear the top third of the glass. Mind the system didn't seem to stay on for long before turning itself off :wonder:

Had to have two goes with the heated rear window again this evening (admittedly there was a light layer of frost on the outside of the window, but that shouldn't have mattered). The heated rear window runs on an 8 minute cycle. As the rear window isn't particularly powerful, it needed 2 cycles to achieve about 70% clearing. It's the most disappointing bit of the car's kit. For such a basic piece of tech, it should be more effective (and god knows I've had worse cars with better heated rear windows).