Central locking

gazwat

I have a 53 plate Superb 1.8T. Has anyone had a problem where the central locking only opens 3 doors (front passenger not unlocking) sometimes I can open it manually from the inside but other times it just won't budge. Does anybody have any ideas what the problem is likely to be? Many thanks in advance. 

Most likely to be the door lock.  About £25 ish on ebay. 

Very common problem.  Some folk fix the old one but replacing it is so much quicker.

Possibly a wiring break in the bellows going from the door to the A pillar, but not so likely as the lock unit.

http://www.taligentx.com/passat/maintenance/doorlockmechanism/

http://www.myturbodiesel.com/wiki/door-lock-assembly-module-removal-handle-removal-mk4-vw/

...and many more on the net.

^^^^What 1.9 said ^^^^

Beat me to it.  I was out last night at a quiz night (we lost), otherwise I'd have beaten 'em to it!

Fix it, don't replace it. Fixing it is so much more fun and ed-yew-kaysh-unal  :ph34r:

Gaz

• Like 1

Fix it, don't replace it. Fixing it is so much more fun and ed-yew-kaysh-unal  :ph34r:

Gaz

My view was that it was easier to replace and get the car back on the road than take time looking at the old one and trying to fix it.

I've kept the old one in the garage, meaning to get round to taking it apart and having a look, but haven't got round to it yet.

Now you've prompted me to think about taking it apart to investigate!!