Hello, Hello, Hello, Newbee in the house....

andybristol

Hi, I have just bought my first Skoda, I've ended up by default really with a 2.0TDi PD engined 4X4 Mk2 Octavia 2009 (ex Kent Constabulary vehicle) hence the slight attemp at being funny with my topic title - hello hello hello, maybe I should stick to not being funny, it suits me better....  Anyway as I was saying, by default (cos wife said it must be a 4x4) I have ended up with this, my first Skoda experience.... why have I not bought one before ? It goes like a rocket and pulls like a train, wowser for a 2.0tdi its a nimble piece of equipment. its got a fair few miles at 125K but always been serviced beyond most have probably... Anyway I'm enjoying browsing through the pages of info and subject etc etc... thanks for the welcome.

Thank you for your welcome .... I must admit its got more torque than my previous vehicle which was a 3.5L V6 petrol, I'm sure this will be a pleasant experience once I get past the first and probably worst issue I could have started with... I welcomed myself to the joys of the infamous DPF within 24hrs of picking it up... although I eventually had to have it put it into a forced regen using vcds and its now back to 0% from the worst my man has seen before 54%, he said that normally over 45% means its scrap and will need to be replaced but what saved mine I think was just prior to having it hooked up to the vcds to kick off the forced regen I had driven about 90 miles with a strong dpf cleaning solvent in the fuel, so that probably had an effect of loosening up the particles just prior to the regen. Not having done a regen before I must say it was not a pleasant experience... having to drive at 2500rpm or more continuously until that light went out, fortunatly it went out about 200m before the motorway junction I wanted to get off at so now all good again, checked with vcds after and back to 0%... good to go again.

Edited by andybristol