Well, she's here

Tim1631

The idea of a Citigo VRS is nice but in reality I don't think it will happen. I think Skoda are dropping the VRS for the new Fabia III so doubt it will make the Citigo!

But I could be wrong ;)

Skoda has confirmed that no new fabia vrs will be made, stating they will be concentrating on version's like the monte carlo. The up gt has also been constantly put back & now looks very unlikely.

Skoda also dropped the citigo sport in favour of the monte carlo.

Chances of a citigo vrs? Absolutely nil imho

Chances of a citigo vrs? Absolutely nil imho

I agree with your assessment, which is a shame because with 150bhp, seats from the Fabia vRS, lowered and stiffened suspension and a decent set of brakes, it would be unbelievably good.

I'm well aware of that, the point is they stopped the sport to standardise the range. The monte is available across the range as the "sporty" edition.

Skoda has stated they won't make any more vrs versions as "milder" versions with the looks but cheaper running costs sell far better.

I agree with your assessment, which is a shame because with 150bhp, seats from the Fabia vRS, lowered and stiffened suspension and a decent set of brakes, it would be unbelievably good.

Even a 1.2 tsi or similar with around 100hp would be a cracking drive!

I hoped for a citigo vrs, then a new fabia vrs and we're getting neither.

I'm really wondering what options I'll have when I'm due to change.

Skoda will make a Fabia VRS they are making us wait.

They've made it pretty clear they won't.

My local dealers top guy has spoken to skoda who stated no vrs for reasons I gave above, also saying the current vrs just didn't sell well enough.

We all know why that was but they just look at the numbers.

Also it's pretty clear vw & audi continue to be the "premium" brands and seat are being given the "sporty" brand with the likes of the cupra etc. Thus leaving skoda as the budget brand.

Not the way we want it but it's clear to see.

As far as vag are concerned if you want a performance car there's plenty other options within the "family"

Come back to this thread when then release a new VRS. I don't care what people have heard, what Skoda have said. A new VRS will be released.

I'd bet my house they will release one.

Ford always said they wouldn't release a new Fiesta ST after the ST150. And they did....