How to stop auto locking

limo1

First thig hi everyone i am a new user i have a 2006 superb and a 2004 octavia and this autu locking really dose my head in is there a simple way to stop it or has it to be done by computer also parking sensors dont work many thanks in advance steve

Hello Steve  :hi:

Worth using the search facility coz both these topics come up regularly.

The auto locking/anti hijack function is straight forward, but so far as I'm aware can only be altered via VCDS software, so yes, it's done by computer.

VCDS owners map:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=zQlwUpVpfeKA.kRFfm1Y0IXQ0

The parking sensors - my advice would be ditch what you have and get a cheap, reliable set off eBay... a la:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/240366-parking-sensor-failure-oh-for-goodness-sake-the-oem-undertray-epilogue/?hl=+for%20+goodness%20+sake

Gaz

There are two levels of auto-locking, only one of which can be disabled.

The first is auto-locking after reaching a certain speed.  This one can be disabled in VCDS (also known as anti-hijack).

The second is the auto locking that happens if you unlock the car using the remote and then don't open a door within a certain amount of time - where the car re-locks.  This one is particularly annoying sometimes, and if you have a driver's door microswitch which doesn't work then the car never detects the car door being opened - and so it re-locks every time.

Which one are you trying to disable?

On the parking sensors, VCDS could tell you what is wrong with them.  Usually one or more sensors has failed.  They are expensive (over £100 each).  My car has had at least 3 new ones (all provided to me under warranty).  There is a supposed "OEM" sensor on ebay selling for £20-40 - don't bother, they are a piece of junk.  The housing looks good but the sensor itself is a joke, and if it works at all it won't last.  They are easy enough to change if you have a source of original sensors for cheap.

Or just change them, that is a popular option.  Luckily I haven't had to.

The second is the auto locking that happens if you unlock the car using the remote and then don't open a door within a certain amount of time - where the car re-locks.....

I was thankfully at home when I found out about this one, so the spare keys were readily accessible.  Mine re-locks if the key's not put in the ignition - I'd opened the door, popped the bonnet and left the keys on the drivers seat.  It was as I had the dipstick out that I heard now the familiar gerrr-dunk, and thought 'ooh, what was that?'.

Gaz

That to me sounds like you've got a faulty switch then on your driver's door.  I was sure that opening the door is supposed to cancel the auto lock.  I've just been down to check mine - If I unlock it, open the driver's door and then close the driver's door (without putting the key in the ignition) the door no longer locks itself.

I guess the CCM might be programmed differently...