EML light on after exhaust change.

Hi guys

Been a while since ive had to report on any bad news. I recently had my exhaust changed from standard to a miltek one including the downpipe.

It runs well but now the engine management light has come on. The second oxygen sensor has been renewed and the first one was renewed earlier this year after i purchased the car. Eml came on then as well but cleared once sensor was changed.

It stayed on this time round for a few days and the went off it self. After a couple more days its back on again. Now i know people will say stick it on a vcds machine to find the fault but before i do thus, has anybody experienced anything similar? Nothing else was done at mot time in regards to the running of the car except new rear calipers, disks and tyres.

Thanks in advance.

As above, if you have decatted your car, then it'll more than likely throw up a 16804 code after an unspecified time/mileage, as the second lambda is in a stream of dirty air. Think mine took around 800 miles to come on. It's now been mapped out.