Haldex oil change

oriki

Hello friends

I own a yeti diesel 140 hp 4x4 with the auto transmission.I have read  here and elsewhere about the haldex oil change during the fourth service (60000 kms here and on the continent ,approx. 37000 miles in the UK , i think) which includes the gear oil change.

I told the Skoda garage that I want the haldex oil changed,and they looked at me as if i just fell from the moon.A week later i got a call saying it is not in the service protocol.Not being lazy i called another dealer and got the same answer.

Can you please shed some light over this issue?

Is the haldex oil change really not necessary at this point?

Thanks a lot.

Edited by oriki

Hello friends

I own a yeti diesel 140 hp 4x4 with the auto transmission.I have read  here and elsewhere about the haldex oil change during the fourth service (60000 kms here and on the continent ,approx. 37000 miles in the UK , i think) which includes the gear oil change.

I told the Skoda garage that I want the haldex oil changed,and they looked at me as if i just fell from the moon.A week later i got a call saying it is not in the service protocol.Not being lazy i called another dealer and got the same answer.

Thanks a lot.

Covered a few times previously - confirmed by dealer and Skoda UK to me as 40,000 miles but they say it may vary with specific vehicle and age of vehicle (makes no sense to me as its the same haldex unit in all pre fl Yeti's. :)

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/237723-haldex-oil-change/?hl=%2Bhaldex+%2Boil+%2B40k#entry2792715

• 4 weeks later...

Hello friends

Thanks a lot.

Very necessary I'ld say, I have changed the Haldex oil on 73000 km in a private garage. The boy took out 700 ml of oil approx and add near the same volume, it was difficult to full because the hole seems to be horizontal. :dull:

Hi,

I read somewhere that there are two criteria for Haldex oil change, (a) 4 years and (B) A variable distance in mile depending on model.

For 65 quid and peace of mind at 4years despite only 22kmiles I got mine done by my lovely dealer here in the UK who publishes a full menu for servicing and sticks to the prices.

Hope it's similarly affordable near the Galilee.

Cheers.

John

• 5 months later...

Mine has just been in for its second variable service (38.5K) & first MOT (passed, no advisories) and they brought up the Haldex oil change as a service item every three years. I queried this, as it's listed in the service book as four years. Apparently Skoda/VAG have revised this to three years now.

My Nov 2013 reg, purchased Feb 2014 Yeti (15 miles on clock), 2nd full service April 2015.

I had the Haldex oil changed with the 2nd service as well, at 24000 miles.

The dealer said both times, the items I ask for are not required yet.

Tough, I'm paying and want them done.

I also change the engine oil between services.

Will get the brake fluid changed later this year as well.

Some may say 'over the top' or 'waste of money' that's just the way I am with my cars.

• Like 1

I also change the engine oil between services.

Will get the brake fluid changed later this year as well.

Some may say 'over the top' or 'waste of money' that's just the way I am with my cars.

Snap.

I changed my Haldex oil around 40k, I change my engine oil twice as often as necessary, and brake fluid more often than necessary.

Keeps me happy.

Next on the list is gearbox oil, then front & rear diff oil :)