Steering Wheel Swap

Napier

Decided to get the best from the DSG I needed a Steering Wheel with paddles, so bought this...

http://skodadop.com/en/fabia-ii/interer-fabia-ii/multirul-s-lepestkami-shkoda-oktaviya-iii-rs-s-krasnym-shvom-facelifting.html

Fitted in about 15 minutes, after leaving for an hour with battery disconnected.

All mutifunctions work fine, just need someone with VCDS to get work some magic to get the DSG to recognizethe paddles now?

Well pleased so far!!!!!

There will be a Multifunction Steering Wheel for sale, complete with Airbag.

Looks good mate I have been thinking about the same thing myself. What was the cost in £'s delivered?

DElivery was about £21, although I got a few other bits as well to make it worthwhile!

Nice wheel that.  You are not too far from me if you need someone with VCDS...

Adamal, many thanks for the offer. I'll pm you to arrange something.

Okay think I worked out the currency roughly £280 + delivery?

I got it for just over £250 when it was on special offer. Delivery was about 5 days, so pretty good, and the communication was also good, even late at night!!

You will have to pay on a card as the bank transfer facility is only for someone with a Polish bank account.

would this work on a 2014 64 plate superb 170cr dsg?

This is for the Superb 2. If yours is a facelift I would email them as that's what I did to make sure my selection was ok. They replied very quickly.

• Like 1

Adamal, many thanks for the offer. I'll pm you to arrange something.

Adamal, many thanks for sorting the car last night. Paddles working fine and easy entry also makes life easier. Great Forum with great members. :D

• Like 1

VW one?

No a Skoda one which comes complete with airbag and wiring etc, its from a company called, cars-equipment.com unfortunately i cannot upload a photo but its a flat bottomed silver stitched 3 spoke with multifunction and paddles, My parts manager found it and emailed them to ask if it would fit a 2014 superb and they said yes so we ordered it up so cant wait.

Edited by sherlocks VRS

• 1 year later...

Well I bit the bullet and order one of theses http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=262625067200#ht_500wt_1414 and fitted it. 

I went to Controller 16, Byte 1 and ticked Bit 4.

Went for  a quick bolt around the block and the paddles work wonderfully......however, none of the other buttons work now....no volume control, no voice control, no MFD selections etc... basically my MFSW is no longer a MFSW!!  :wall:  :wall:  :wall:

BTW.... before I purchased I asked the seller if it would fit before I purchased and was advised google was my friend!!  I found another online seller (can't recall which one now!!) and they said the wheel would fit as well as the original airbag... but I didn't ask if all functions would work!!

I am hoping one of the Coding Doctors can assist with a cure?? 

Edited by crankoz

however, none of the other buttons work now....no volume control, no voice control, no MFD selections etc... basically my MFSW is no longer a MFSW!!  :wall:  :wall:  :wall:

Got an autoscan? It might have the wrong buttons fitted, the part number for them should be in an autoscan :)