more power for my Fabia vRS

EduVRS

Currently I have the ITG admission and TMC Tuning Box settings 7 I would like to put too Intercooler and Dowmpipe, what brands they recommend and give more power? Could you upload the configuration of the TMC to 9?

Edited by EduVRS

Currently I have the ITG admission and settings TMC Tuning Box 7 I would like to put too Intercooler and Dowmpipe, what brands they recommend and give more power? Could you upload the configuration of the TMC to 9?

I wouldn't push this engine too far as when Sy found out it will lead to poor reliability. I couldn't see a downpipe and intercooler affecting reliability so carry on :)

My idea is to put a 200-cell Downpipe, cooler and intercooler, in principle mods to have the most vented car, should not compromise the mechanical, the only serious problem TMC settings up to 9, but for something that will bring settings 1-9

Edited by EduVRS

Ally.. Is the inter cooler what it sounds like?? Does it cool the engine down?? I've been having a lot of fun with mine recently and it's been running hot hot hot.. So thinking I do need something. To cool it down.. Without messing with warranty..

Ally.. Is the inter cooler what it sounds like?? Does it cool the engine down?? I've been having a lot of fun with mine recently and it's been running hot hot hot.. So thinking I do need something. To cool it down.. Without messing with warranty..

oh my, the learning is needed with this one it is.

you already have an intercooler on your car, it's basically an air to air  cooler as opposed to air to water like your radiator is.  So it therefore cools the charged air that goes into the intake to give a denser supply and therefore a better bang when mixed with the fuel.  Standard intercoolers are ok for standard performance.  however if you regularly track your car or are running higher boost ( which means higher temps) it;s beneficial to cool it better with a more efficient intercooler.  Note i say efficient and not just larger.  think of your house radiator, it does not need to be larger to heat better, but more find or twin cores can dissipate heat better therefor lowering intake temps. On top of this you also need better flow internal.  VAG ones will be generic cheap to make units, which may have Plastic end tanks or horrible flow inside which effectively can lose you power.  Thats also the reason you don;t put a huge massive intercooler which is universal as then you can end up with more lag due to more internal area.

Therefore if you wan cooler temps buy a good aftermarket intercooler.  Forge do seem to be the only ones knocking these out for the VRS currently, but i hope their quality is better than it was of years gone by.

You will see lower temps and longer consistent running but to see maximum gain of the intercooler it will need a custom map.

search on here , plenty of info

• Like 1

Forge do seem to be the only ones knocking these out for the VRS currently, but i hope their quality is better than it was of years gone by.

Wagner and APR also do intercooler's for the vRS now as well as forge, so there is a bit of choice. Expensive mind you.

Currently I have the ITG admission and TMC Tuning Box settings 7 I would like to put too Intercooler and Dowmpipe, what brands they recommend and give more power? Could you upload the configuration of the TMC to 9?

there have been proven gains on the RR to bigger intercoolers, someone recently posted, it made an 8bhp difference I think.... it would be most noticable in hot weather, at many times acceleration (track ect) as the standard one will get heat soak....

as for the TMC I was at a RR with someone with an identical car, as a deliberate test we ran one on setting 7 and the other on full..... it made no difference ;) the cars were less than 2bhp apart, with slightly different shaped graphs... just a bit of engine difference I think... I dont think the TMC turned fully up increases things much, thats why its pretty  much a given that people run it on 7....

• Like 1

Although the rolling road said an addition 8 bhp I can't tell much difference with an intercooler fitted. The remap different story, was shaking after booting it for the first time because of the noticeable difference. Have you though about fitting an upgraded lower engine mount which to me made the kick back smoother resulting hopefully in better power delivery? Depends what you're after as it becomes a numbers game i.e. need a rolling road to tell you whats been gained.

• Like 1

Been using an Wagner Intercooler for a few months now. Found the quality to be very high and the price was competitive shipped to Oz. A proper cold air intake will make a difference too. If it is not taking air from outside the engine bay you will be losing power. After a few laps around a track my oil temp is around 125 degrees C. Even on a 40 degree C day outside it is still cooler outside my engine bay.

Another cool little mod is the GFB DV+ valve. Still keeps the factory solenoid valve but swaps out the internals for alloy parts. With the standard DV valve I had over boost problems after the tune. However after fitting the DV+ I can let the motor go all the way to redline without a problem.

Been using an Wagner Intercooler for a few months now. Found the quality to be very high and the price was competitive shipped to Oz. A proper cold air intake will make a difference too. If it is not taking air from outside the engine bay you will be losing power. After a few laps around a track my oil temp is around 125 degrees C. Even on a 40 degree C day outside it is still cooler outside my engine bay.

Another cool little mod is the GFB DV+ valve. Still keeps the factory solenoid valve but swaps out the internals for alloy parts. With the standard DV valve I had over boost problems after the tune. However after fitting the DV+ I can let the motor go all the way to redline without a problem.

Im looking at getting the GFB DV+, would you recommend it then? there not a bad price and look like a nice bit of kit. 

Im looking at getting the GFB DV+, would you recommend it then? there not a bad price and look like a nice bit of kit. 

Just posted on your other thread. It is well worth the money and keep things simple. Just replaces the plastic valve bits that can fail and keeps the good factory solenoid valve function.

Top speed on the track so far :- 186.7 km/h or 116 mph with GPS (Taking turn 1 on SMP at 160km/h is an experience....hahahaha).

Edited by mmmRacer

Been using an Wagner Intercooler for a few months now. Found the quality to be very high and the price was competitive shipped to Oz. A proper cold

air intake will make a difference too. If it is not taking air from outside the engine bay you will be losing power. After a few laps around a track my oil temp is around 125 degrees C. Even on a 40 degree C day outside it is still cooler outside my engine bay.

How has the wagner performed? Did it make a difference?

i will say though, do you really need any more oomph on the VRS.

I have had some stupid quick cars in my time but my little VRS is standard bar a Milltek ( supposed) cat back.  Never do i ever get the feeling that it needs anymore go go, In fact most of the time i feel it's punching well above it's weight.

Personally i'd keep it standard bar some breathing mods.

• Like 1

i will say though, do you really need any more oomph on the VRS.

I have had some stupid quick cars in my time but my little VRS is standard bar a Milltek ( supposed) cat back. Never do i ever get the feeling that it needs anymore go go, In fact most of the time i feel it's punching well above it's weight.

Personally i'd keep it standard bar some breathing mods.

If I offered you around 60 addition bhp at 4,000 revs I'm sure you wouldn't say no ;0)

Is it 60 bhp on to 185 or more than stage 1 & 210 bhp. so is it 245 bhp or 270 bhp.

Is this for Track use?

Looking at rolling road graphs a standard engine is roughly outputting 135 ish bhp at 4,000 revs. My graph from the weekend showed 195 ish at 4,000