Exhaust warranty

Was told the same thing myself.. Only messes with the exhaust warranty, but like th3grinch mentioned.. I don't have it in writing either, I have had the springs done on mine and he said warranty wasn't affected at all.. Then again maybe that should be in writing.. Either way, ring your local skoda dealer and ask them, see if they'd put something on paper, I might be wrong but it can't hurt to ask..

Little point asking a Skoda Dealer or Skoda Dealer Employee for anything verbal or in Writing that matters, 

if you want Manufacturers Warranty T&C or to confirm in Writing what they consider as covered or void due to modifications,

then ask Skoda UK.

http://www.skoda.co.uk/SiteCollectionDocuments/Brochures/Warranty-Booklet-single.pdf

(we know about fitting their approved parts or the same parts as they sell, like Springs & other parts.)

& for Skoda Approved Extended Warranty Exclusions as set out by Car Care Plan ltd,

they are in the Policy Handbook, and set out what you need to do. 

Basically seek Approval for Modifications, or Void the Warranty.

This is Drivetrain, and Performance and possible affecting Mechanical & Electrical Mods we are talking.

Obviously Voiding the Exhaust Warranty is not an issue, you just pay yourself.

But say you do a Decat and there is Engine Failure, or even ECU, DSG Issues, then you might as well expect 

that there is going to possibly be Warranty Claim Issues.

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 1

Was told the same thing myself.. Only messes with the exhaust warranty, but like th3grinch mentioned.. I don't have it in writing either, I have had the springs done on mine and he said warranty wasn't affected at all.. Then again maybe that should be in writing.. Either way, ring your local skoda dealer and ask them, see if they'd put something on paper, I might be wrong but it can't hurt to ask..

I got told that that will cancel the suspension warranty on my monte if i was to do the springs unless they fitted Eibach approved ones at the garage then the warranty will be fine plus you get warranty on the springs themselves as well otherwise warranty is definitely cancelled, got told this by a Skoda UK dealer

But whoever said that lied, was mistaken or followed the line they spout.  They like to get the business.

They can sell you the parts, or you can buy someplace else, and you do not need them to fit them.

EU Free market, so restrictive practices are out the window.

The Springs need fitted correctly, but that does not need to be by a Skoda Technician.

Just like a Service done by a VAT Registered Garage / Mechanic using the correct parts does not Void a Warranty.

• Like 1

No the Cat is a different matter.

What we were talking about is removing a Silencer or Resonator.   

If people are modifying cars,

i do wish they would take responsibility themselves and not expect a Manufacturer to foot the bill if it goes wrong.

With the Twinchargers you know the possible risks if you have Engine Issues and no Warranty Cover.

But modifying the rear part of the exhaust is highly unlikely to cause issues unless someone sticks a potato up it.

But whoever said that lied, was mistaken or followed the line they spout. They like to get the business.

They can sell you the parts, or you can buy someplace else, and you do not need them to fit them.

EU Free market, so restrictive practices are out the window.

The Springs need fitted correctly, but that does not need to be by a Skoda Technician.

Just like a Service done by a VAT Registered Garage / Mechanic using the correct parts does not Void a Warranty.

So that means, according to Skoda dealer, that i HAVE to have the Eibach springs and get it fitted by them otherwise they won't give me the warranty?

...modifying the rear part of the exhaust is highly unlikely to cause issues unless someone sticks a potato up it.

:D

That said, the thread on Seat forum about the twincharger did raise some question over whether the backpressure provided by the stock exhaust system was effectively enabling the turbo to run at slightly above it's design oil pressure. Something to think about perhaps, if changing the section would materially lower the backpressure.

Edited by pearce_jj
  • Like 1

Having thought about it now since you last posted on it,

did you come to some decision or conclusion on if it is actually affecting back pressure.?

After the Supercharger & Turbo have done their bit and the pressure reaches the Resonator.

I think Ozfabia has the latest Breather Pipe Modification.

Not sure if he has the Resonator removed.

But many other Twinchargers have and no Oil Pressure issues.

Sorry, for the sound you will need to listen on Youtube.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rYvkE6Ghj4w

Edited by goneoffSKi

"According to the Skoda Dealer" or someone at a Skoda Dealer. Who was the Someone at the dealers?

Some guy from the parts team and also got told the same by the person in the office. Gunna ring again later and say i'll buy Eibach pro lowering kit springs and fit them myself and ask if that will affect the warranty and see if they say that they have to fit them for me and they have to supply them etc?

Unless it is someone else you speak to, then surely they will tell you the same thing.

That is the Skoda Dealership line.

Send an Email to Skoda UK Customer Services & maybe get a reply in writing giving their line on it.

Some guy from the parts team and also got told the same by the person in the office. Gunna ring again later and say i'll buy Eibach pro lowering kit springs and fit them myself and ask if that will affect the warranty and see if they say that they have to fit them for me and they have to supply them etc?

I fitted the Eibach springs that i bought from the dealership. I asked then if i fitted them myself, would it void the warranty. The reply was no, unless you fit them wrong and bring it in to get us to sort it out. If there fitted right - which its hard not to do - you will be fine. I was quoted 200 for the springs and then 300 on top of that for fitting!! No thanks. 

I fitted the Eibach springs that i bought from the dealership. I asked then if i fitted them myself, would it void the warranty. The reply was no, unless you fit them wrong and bring it in to get us to sort it out. If there fitted right - which its hard not to do - you will be fine. I was quoted 200 for the springs and then 300 on top of that for fitting!! No thanks.

Oh okay so as long as they are Eibach springs and fitted right then the warranty will be fine?