Vrs armrest

pulse

For the fabias it goes where the cupholder is behind the handbrake. You either just fix it in with screws through the plastic, or weld some bolts in place to use the actual bracket. Read somewhere about being able to use a bolt already in place by the handbrake to secure the bracket also.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/189942-pimped-my-golf-mk4-armrest/?fromsearch=1

For the fabias it goes where the cupholder is behind the handbrake. You either just fix it in with screws through the plastic, or weld some bolts in place to use the actual bracket. Read somewhere about being able to use a bolt already in place by the handbrake to secure the bracket also.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/189942-pimped-my-golf-mk4-armrest/?fromsearch=1

Thanks I will have a read.

What damage is there permanently, should I wish to take it out in the future, just two holes where I've drilled into the centre trim?

Does the 'lower bracket' cleanly fit here:

5aea26dcf366cc27dc897918864313dc.jpg

I am at a bit of a loss as to where it actually secures/fits to.

JRJG

It doesn't have anything to do with the rear ashtray bit, although I think someone knocked up their own bracket to mount theirs in that position once.

The quickest and easiest way is to remove the lower bracket from the armrest (as the bracket is to fit in the golf), then slot the actual armrest into the rectangular section of the cupholder, then screw through from under the centre console, and from the back where you remove the ashtray. Job done :)

It doesn't have anything to do with the rear ashtray bit, although I think someone knocked up their own bracket to mount theirs in that position once.

The quickest and easiest way is to remove the lower bracket from the armrest (as the bracket is to fit in the golf), then slot the actual armrest into the rectangular section of the cupholder, then screw through from under the centre console, and from the back where you remove the ashtray. Job done :)

I see

That makes sense, thanks I have a better understanding of how it fits now.

I shall keep my eye out when you next have one for sale.

Do you always finish them in black cloth or do you ever finish them in black leather (I have leather seats) ?

Thanks in advance.

JRJG