Intense creak from left of dashboard?

Gman1978

I can't 100% tell from the video but I have a nearside front wishbone bush which creaks loudly and very often. I gathered months ago when this first started that it's quite a common thing. Strangely mine always starts up or worsens when it's damp or wet. You would think moisture might stop the creaking.

I was able to tell by rolling the car back and forward a little from outside. The slight suspension movement was enough to make the noise appear.

Before starting to pull any mechanicals to bits, pop the end cover off the dash (with the passenger door open obviously). You will see buried deep inside the 13mm bolt that holds the dash crash bar to the bulkhead, This became loose on mine when i was in Europe and it sounded like a wishbone bush had gone, a deep mechanical knock on certain surfaces. Tightened it up and the loud creak / knock went away

Interesting! thanks for your input SmiggiVRS. It's making the noise regardless of steering input, ..does that sound similar to what you had?

just like what I had , I was doing same , messing around with interior parts to find the problem. Turned out to be top mount. Sound terrible while standard driving , any chnage in movement of the suspension made the hole front right side creek. Obviously yours is on the left. Do you hear any cluncking when dry steering?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obviously take note of other people's input I aren't a professional , just sounds exactly like what I had. Maybe my 100% should be changed to the 75% mark pal. Hope you find the problem and sort it soon!'

Suspension top mount 100% had this last month. Easy cheap fix talking £30 quid if you fit it yourself

I've got a very similar noise but only when cornering or accelerating. Did yours do it all the time?