Hey, new to the fold, with a vrs!

Hey guys and gals.

Just picked up a mk1 2003 black magic vrs and loving it already!

Have a few questions if you dont mind.

Rear wiper doesnt work, rear heater seems weak? Is this an easy fix?

NSR window clicks but wont go up or down.

The car is covered in Revo Teknic stickers and the previous owner stats it has had a remap. The power seems to surge? comes on with a big thump, dips, then goes again. Is this normal with a map?

Sorry for all the questions. Really loving the car having done 400 miles in it since yesterday!

Kind regards.

Rob

• Like 1

Hi glad you're enjoying the car. Rear wiper is very common problem, water runs down eventually corroding it, gets into the electrics and gooses it. Having gone through 2 used ones in as many months (mine was inop when I bought the car) and having dame problem, I was going to take it out and blank but decided I actually like having it, bought new and fingers xd its still going 3 months later. However I use rear wash minimally, just take advantage of rain water! There's usually plenty of used ones around but its a gamble to how long they last. I've already covered the cost of the new one with how many I was getting.

As for the map, its not normal, but if its a genuine Revo remap its highly unlikely that its the map that is at fault. Sounds like another issue, maybe N75 valve? Could be a few things and others on here will give better advice. You're in the right place, this forum has sorted me out on more than one occasion!

Hey. Tempted to blank the wiper and put rainx on?

I had a good go over the engine bay today and there was  1" black pipe off below the dv (not a dv one, dont know what it is). I put this back on, has more power higher up now, but still surges initially. Got the car booked in with Bill @ Badger5 on the 18th so hopefully he can get to the bottom of it.

Hey. Tempted to blank the wiper and put rainx on?

I had a good go over the engine bay today and there was  1" black pipe off below the dv (not a dv one, dont know what it is). I put this back on, has more power higher up now, but still surges initially. Got the car booked in with Bill @ Badger5 on the 18th so hopefully he can get to the bottom of it.

At last someone sensible. You seem to have done your research. Bill will sort any issues you have. Enjoy the car. They are fantastic when running correctly.

Hi there 

Welcome to the Briskoda site.

The faults you have been having are pretty common and typical.

Diagnosing hesitation and surging issues is not easy on a forum without really knowing what have been checked , state of tune on car, maintenance levels etc etc 

common are:

Poor mapping

N75

DV

Boost leak / split hose

MAF

clogged Throttle body

coilpacks

sparkplug gappinng

a list of common issues is a sticky on here 

But as you have booked into Bill hIs experience on these cars is excellent,  I am sure you will be sorted.

Also a ECU code check is a good start to see if any faults are logged. 

I plugged my cheap ebay code reader in and maf came up, checked history and it has recently been swapped so i reset and nothing has come back. Bill seems to come highly recommended!

Are you supposed to hear the factory dv make a tish noise? it does when it surges, may identify the issue?

Thanks for all the replies. Seems a friendly forum.

I plugged my cheap ebay code reader in and maf came up, checked history and it has recently been swapped so i reset and nothing has come back. Bill seems to come highly recommended!

Are you supposed to hear the factory dv make a tish noise? it does when it surges, may identify the issue?

Thanks for all the replies. Seems a friendly forum.

Mine was very loud when I had a bad map that was overboosting, was also putting the car into limp mode every few cycles. Its audible now but not as much, more of a reassuring whisper than an bronchial cough. You're on the right track anyway, hope you get it sorted.

Heh, just waiting for the 20th for Bill to have a look. In the mean time 3rd has developed a crunch at high rpm changes, reset the shifter and that helped a little but feels like syncro. Also need to change the front wishbone bushes. may go for poly ones.