Fitted dash cam pics.

20140526_123913_zpsubuulfxq.jpg

20140526_122401_zpsleawkhvg.jpg

This is the Blackvue 500. It's been vert reliable and sits nicely in front of the rear view mirror, but there are cheaper ones out there that have a better quality video, though I don't know about reliability but others will.

Mini 0803

Occasionally give a shut down issue with is not a problem.

Gives great video quality.

I have a 32gb micro card but apparently it takes a 64gb as well

GPS built in.

Cheap and almost invisible from outside the car and hidden behind the mirror.

I will post a few pics of it in place tomorrow

Night driving shows the operation lighting behind the mirror alright but hardly noticeable.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/E-PRANCE-Ambarella-A7LA50D-Upgrade-internal/dp/B00JIPRKO2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417033837&sr=8-1&keywords=0803

Video clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_cL-2PFCr0

20140526_163251_zpswqfxzfid.jpg

What does it look like from the inside? (Drivers view)

like this.... I've run the power cable vertically up to the headlining. It's attached to a black cable tie to keep it nice and straight with some black insulation tape to hold the 2 together. The cable tucks in nicely behind the head lining and because I've got no airbags in the A pillar it just pulls off and the wire then feeds out of sight to tne fuse box. Simples....

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies, that's exactly what I'm looking for, one that is pretty much completely out of sight. Is the wire ran across the top of the windscreen and down the A pillar?

Yes, takes a couple of minutes. Fubar did an installation guide in the mk2 section which I followed.

I'm not entirely happy with my dashcam location.

Although it's tucked up behind the mirror so out the way... it blocks the sensor on the back of the mirror for the auto dimming. So when I drive into a lit area the mirror doesn't un-dim as much as it should and it also goes dimmer than it should in daylight.

Phil