Bluetooth stopped working

feighery

I have a 2012 Superb Elegance and up until two days ago the bluetooth worked fine. Suddenly one morning my phone did not connect. When I stopped the car I tried to manually initiate the connection but the entries on the Maxidot display has blank. There are normally 3 entries for my wifes phone, my work and my personal, I know my personal phone was the 3rd entry so I scrolled down though the blank entries (if that makes sense) and selected the 3rd slot and it told me a connection was not possible. I could not detect the car BT from either phone. 

I turned everything off and tried again, but no different. I tried to reset the telephone to factory settings via the Columbus system but it hung for a long time before telling me that a factory reset was not possible. 

Tonight I disconnected the module under the drivers seat as a few forums who had experience similar said this fixed their issues. I unplugged it, restarted the car with it unplugged and both the maxi dot and Columbus system showed no phone system anymore. I stopped the car, reconnected and once again the two systems appeared, but I still could not connect my phone, detect the car or have the car detect my phone. 

Has anyone any ideas? She is due a service shortly so she will be going back to the dealers, if the device is knackered is there any chance its covered by any warranty?

It sounds an odd one, and probably module related, given you can't seemingly reset it and presumably the rest of the Columbus is fine?

I would certainly expect it to be covered by the warranty but in the meantime you could see if you can connect to the other two phones, or getting a VCDS scan??  Worst case scenario is a new premium module which costs less than £100 but certainly pursue the warranty route if resetting/VCDS route gives no joy.

• 1 year later...

Just bringing this topic back up as my wife has been drving the superb for the past year it never bothered me, now I'm driving it again and its driving me nuts. I recently upgraded the software on my columbus but I understand the bluetooth function is more connected to the maxidot end of things as opposed to the RNS510 unit.

I took out the bluetooth module of the car for about a month as I intended on sourcing a replacement, when I put it back in I still have the same errors. When I go to phone, it shows the name of my old phone and says it connecting. It never connects. If I cancel and search for a new phone it says its doing so but detects nothing and my phone cannot detect the car either.

In a nut shell the car acts like everythin gis working fine.

If I choose to reset the phone from the RNS510 it takes a while before telling me it could not reset.

I was considering just replacing the unit but before I go spending money I wanted to be sure there is not some other function in the car I could reset.

Have you made sure your phone is set to "visible " when the car Bluetooth is looking? Mine has a 2 minute timer only when it's visible to new devices

Edited by peterposh