Kessy problem.

Kilkenny

Hi all

I am having intermittent problems with this function on the car. It sometimes will not recognise the key via the touch function on either of the doors or the boot. It will neither open or lock the doors but will open the car when you press the button on the remote. It does not happen all the time and has only started in the past week or two. I'm afraid that it will not let the car start,has anybody come across this and if so how did you sort it out. The car is 10 months old so I wouldn't think its a battery problem but you never know. Also I have not tries the other remote because it's in the house and the problem rarely occurs there.

Cheers

KK

Mine does that sometimes with no rhyme or reason to it.

Incidently the fob battery warning light came on the maxidot screen this morning for the first time in over 2 1/2 years.

Mine does that sometimes with no rhyme or reason to it.

Incidently the fob battery warning light came on the maxidot screen this morning for the first time in over 2 1/2 years.

Cheers for that.

Didn't even know there was a fob battery warning light.:(

Suppose I'd better RTFM.

I've not got KESSY, but did notice in the manual something about the sensors in the door handles deactivating after 60 and 90 hrs (2.5 and 3.75 days). On the longer of the two, you must use the unlock button on the keyfob to reactivate the system???

Check "parking the vehicle" on page 51. Could that be it?

Hi all

I am having intermittent problems with this function on the car. It sometimes will not recognise the key via the touch function on either of the doors or the boot. It will neither open or lock the doors but will open the car when you press the button on the remote. It does not happen all the time and has only started in the past week or two. I'm afraid that it will not let the car start,has anybody come across this and if so how did you sort it out. The car is 10 months old so I wouldn't think its a battery problem but you never know. Also I have not tries the other remote because it's in the house and the problem rarely occurs there.

Cheers

KK

Does this happen to coincide with the colder weather we are having now?  My KESSY is bit hit and miss.  It usually works but sometimes for no particular reason it doesn't seem to recognise the key.  I had it checked and there were no errors.  I've put it down to wet and cold and these are the times it usually happens.  Its still not satisfactory though as the system should be able to cope with that.  As yours is under warranty I'd have it checked with the dealer or at least make them aware of it.

Hi all

Cheers

I've had exactly these symptoms last year. Exchanging the key's battery completely solved it! However, it happened to my car when it was a little over two years old, but I only drive about 13.000 km/y in it.

So simply exchange the battery in the key in see if it solves your problem.

I've not got KESSY, but did notice in the manual something about the sensors in the door handles deactivating after 60 and 90 hrs (2.5 and 3.75 days). On the longer of the two, you must use the unlock button on the keyfob to reactivate the system???

Check "parking the vehicle" on page 51. Could that be it?

thanks Jonathan this happens after as little as 20 mins,sometimes the fookin car won't even lock when I park it after been driving it for hours.:(.

Does this happen to coincide with the colder weather we are having now?  My KESSY is bit hit and miss.  It usually works but sometimes for no particular reason it doesn't seem to recognise the key.  I had it checked and there were no errors.  I've put it down to wet and cold and these are the times it usually happens.  Its still not satisfactory though as the system should be able to cope with that.  As yours is under warranty I'd have it checked with the dealer or at least make them aware of it.

Yes 170,

It only started when the weather got cold,as you know it's always raining so il put it down to the fuar. Il ring the dealer and ask them to make a note of it,but how the lads in Sweeden and Lithuania fare out? Will park it up for the winter maybe :). :)

I've had exactly these symptoms last year. Exchanging the key's battery completely solved it! However, it happened to my car when it was a little over two years old, but I only drive about 13.000 km/y in it.

Two years and only 13,000km

Try 48,000km in 10 months :(

Your suggestion will be my next port of call. Thank you.

Yes 170,

It only started when the weather got cold,as you know it's always raining so il put it down to the fuar. Il ring the dealer and ask them to make a note of it,but how the lads in Sweeden and Lithuania fare out? Will park it up for the winter maybe :). :)

What is it with these L&Ks, especially the ones that came into Ireland in the past year :devil: .  We all seem to have our fair share of issues with them.  I'm in the middle of a battle with Skoda Ireland on a paintwork issue at the moment which you'll see in another thread!

What is it with these L&Ks, especially the ones that came into Ireland in the past year :devil: .  We all seem to have our fair share of issues with them.  I'm in the middle of a battle with Skoda Ireland on a paintwork issue at the moment which you'll see in another thread!

Yep,I'm very disappointed also. Won't be going again I'm afraid.. Not half the car as the elegance,although Ido like the DSG.

Same for me. Car was around 2 years old when it happened and I was watching for a warning in the maxi dot, but got none. Not a single problem since the battery change.

The battery was £3.54 and they did not charge for fitting as they were putting a new Columbus unit in at the same time and for that money I could not be arsed to find one online for a poundish cheaper.

Btw the new battery does make a difference to the Kessy door system.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I'm having problems with KESSY again.  This time it won't unlock no matter what way I hold the door handles or place my fingers.  It will lock however with KESSY no problem!  It also locks and unlocks fine manually with the fob every time without fail.  I don't think its a battery issue but I will try changing it just in case.  It happens when either key fob is in use.  It really is a temperamental system and probably the one piece of technology I value least on the car.  I'll get the dealer to check the software etc when I get a chance

Why do you think it's not the battery? How old are the batteries in the key?

Since I bought the car - 17 months ago.  I don't ever use the second fob so I assume that battery is okay, maybe not

I've experienced that if you have the fob in your pocket and there's a bunch of loose change, other keys, or a mobile phone in the same pocket it can prevent the KESSY fob from being detected.

• Like 1

I've experienced that if you have the fob in your pocket and there's a bunch of loose change, other keys, or a mobile phone in the same pocket it can prevent the KESSY fob from being detected.

Thanks, I'll try eliminate that first as I do have my phone in my pocket sometimes

Since I bought the car - 17 months ago.  I don't ever use the second fob so I assume that battery is okay, maybe not

That's about the lifetime of the batteries. Mine were also dead more or less simultaneously (with the least used battery dying first!).

Always try to eliminate simple possible causes first (before you start taking the car apart)!