Thought you needed a 4x4 Yeti to do some of these green lanes? Think again.

Thanks johann, looks like great FUN sadly  lacking into todays world.... :sun:

That are plenty of Trials like that taking place. 

Even a few rear engined Skoda take part, very successfully.

The old cars didn't have to cope with high speed motorways. (The Yeti has to.)

They were built for those tracks.....as in v large diameter (ground clearance) and narrow (to reach the grippy 'base').

Couldn't see any Yeti on the hill, 4x2 or 4x4. In fact I couldn't google any evidence of a Yeti doing a UK hillclimb... come on, where are all these confident Yeti drivers? ;)

99% are never driven outside normal road conditions and stay below 3000rpm, suppose its just the knowledge of 'i could if i wanted to', but most don't go anywhere near any kind of motorsport! 

Couldn't see any Yeti on the hill, 4x2 or 4x4. In fact I couldn't google any evidence of a Yeti doing a UK hillclimb... come on, where are all these confident Yeti drivers? ;)

Firstly these aren't "hill climbs" but Trials, secondly they aren't for modern cars; the event shown is run with the VSCC, and lastly a 4x4 isn't allowed.

Overall there are very few modern cars taking part in any trialling events in the UK. From my experience the only events you will find a more modern 2 wheel drive car taking part will be in Production Car Trials, run by some local Motor Clubs. For 4x4's there have been a few Yetis entered in Tyro Trials but possibly Road Taxed Vehicle Trials, but anything else is far too extreme for a SUV type vehicle.

I used to take a weedy 1100cc Renault 5 places others had difficulty in believing, "cross country"

A perfectly flat underpan to bounce over the rough stuff and the car being old enough for me to not care.

And a car light enough so as to be easily de-bogged.

I believe the unusual weight distribution with the gearbox in front of/virtually in front of the driven front wheels was a contributing factor to the amazing traction(Avant?)

And "Farmers-Son Nous" in charge.

Marcus

Edited by dieseldogg