Fabia mk3 2015 Rally Car.

vrskeith

Perhaps the basis for the eventual vRS replacement. Sorry text is missing currently.

Please read the brief article.

http://cdn1.autoexpress.co.uk/sites/autoexpressuk/files/styles/gallery_adv/public/0/21//141126-skoda-fabia-r-5-concept-car-essen-001.jpg?itok=SsVxaV4q

R5 with a 1.6 Turbocharged engine ,outputing approx. 265 bhp. Through a 5 speed sequential box.

Edited by vrskeith
  • Like 1

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/skoda/fabia/89584/2015-skoda-fabia-r5-rally-car-unveiled

Is this Skoda UK'S means of selling loads of Sporty looking Monte Carlo MK3 to the aspiring, sporty youth of the UK? 

Don't think so!

Skoda has lost it's mojo in my view.

Edited by vrskeith
  • Like 1

Agreed. I'm leaving Skoda tomorrow when my VRS goes in. I've only ever driven Fabia's since I passed my test 8 years ago. But no MK3 VRS has made leave the brand.

Ally, enjoy the new motor, as much as you have the vRS. May be in a different way.

What are you replaced it with?

• Like 1

Why plaster this with RS when they are not going to make a vRS? Mind you VW keep backtracking on the planned Polo R, I was over at the Wales Rally and if VW had had a stand there they'd have taken plenty of orders for an "R", followers of the rally scene are crying out for it.

I don't know what I'm going to do when my Octy needs replacing next year, I don't really need a car as big as the Octy 3, a Rapid or Fabia vRS would be ideal, so option would be a Polo GTI, although I'm tempted by a Subaru BRZ too, now that it's cheaper than the Octy

• Like 1

Ally, enjoy the new motor, as much as you have the vRS. May be in a different way.

What are you replaced it with?

Thanks Keith, I'll be sticking around on Brisky though to lend my 2 pence about the usual "best induction kit" and "acceptable oil use?" Threads!

A BMW 320D M Sport, already got the Mods planned :-)

• Like 1

If Skoda are only going to make the Octavia in a VRS I don't understand this car.

There will not be sporty version to sell to the public.

So why pump all that money into a motorsport programme?

Surely not just because of heritage.

If you just want to sell humdrum family cars and an Octy VRS leave the rallying to VW, who are going to make a fast road version to sell.

I can't see loads of people buying a Monte Carlo because of this car.

They'll probably go for one anyway, if that's what they want.

• Like 1

If Skoda are only going to make the Octavia in a VRS I don't understand this car.

There will not be sporty version to sell to the public.

So why pump all that money into a motorsport programme?

Surely not just because of heritage.

The motorsport programme should rub off on the brand as a whole. There's no way that sales of the Polo GTI/R alone fund VW's WRC programme. And I can't say I'm aware that Mercedes offer many single seater racing cars from their dealerships either.. Edited by RapidRonnie

The motorsport programme should rub off on the brand as a whole. There's no way that sales of the Polo GTI/R alone fund VW's WRC programme. And I can't say I'm aware that Mercedes offer many single seater racing cars from their dealerships either..

I didn't say it needed to needed to fund it, but there is a tie in and profits from it.

Mercedes has an AMG division.  The F1 "halo" effect has a section of the brand people can pay more money to buy into with more power.

I can't see the following scenarion.

1- "Seen that new Fabia WRC car?"

2- "Yes, looks awesome, I'm off to buy a Fabia.  The top spec ones got a 1.2 petrol with 110bhp you know!"

• Like 4

Mercedes has an AMG division. The F1 "halo" effect has a section of the brand people can pay more money to buy into with more"

And Skoda have the RS brand.. I know it's not quite on the same level but Skoda's involvement in motorsport should have a similar halo effect on the brand and not just be relevant to the Fabia.

Besides, Skoda have a long history in rallying and the Fabia S2000 project was a big success. As R5 cars are also available for private customers this project will probably be pretty much cost neutral to them.

Edited by RapidRonnie

'Skoda' is a brand, & under the Volkswagen Group Parents.

'RS'  or vRS is just letters they use like other Trim levels,

it hardly requires a 'Special Performance Division', just  to fit different Springs and Dampers from the VW Parts Bin, 

& a 184 ps Diesel or a 220 ps Petrol.

Sporty Looks.

& using the 'Monte Carlo'  branding to make the connection to Rallying and Motorsport Heritage and past successes.

Skoda & RS in 2014/15

is hardly thought of as like 'M', 'AMG' 'Alpina' 'Brabus' 'Renault Sport' RS  or Ford RS,  

even Porsche or Audi RS from the VWG.

• Like 1

Slight difference to the comment from Autoexpress article.

http://cdn1.evo.co.uk/sites/evo/files/styles/evo_300_16x9/public/141126_skoda_fabia_r_5_concept_car_essen_001_2.jpg?itok=8tF5rD4K

Sorry text missing.

Edited by vrskeith

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...