Engine jolt when start up

Jackety123

what makes you think it is that?

Because it's after the car's been sat a long time, it's easy enough to check the lifters and the cam lobes, one lobe and lifter may be worn and therefore there's an excessively large valve clearance which it takes the lifter a while to pump up and close.

Ok. Are rocker covers on these 1.9s easy to remove ?

Hi Jack,

Just seen your post. Sorry you have problem with her.

Before you bought the car, was sat for 3 weeks and few long sats before and always fired up smoothly within 1-2 seconds.

Whatever the problem is, it's not cam and lifters as Sepulchrave suggests. New camshaft and lifters were put in in June. We didn't use genuine parts but aftermarket ones manufactured in Germany (not Chanise copy). The old cam was worn but still worked (except the hearable knocking) and my friendly machanic said that will last few k miles. I didn't want to take a chance to have missfires somewhere in the middle of the Europe hence the replacement.

Hope you sort it out soon (and cheaply)!

Hi Jack,

Just seen your post. Sorry you have problem with her.

Before you bought the car, was sat for 3 weeks and few long sats before and always fired up smoothly within 1-2 seconds.

Whatever the problem is, it's not cam and lifters as Sepulchrave suggests. New camshaft and lifters were put in in June. We didn't use genuine parts but aftermarket ones manufactured in Germany (not Chanise copy). The old cam was worn but still worked (except the hearable knocking) and my friendly machanic said that will last few k miles. I didn't want to take a chance to have missfires somewhere in the middle of the Europe hence the replacement.

Hope you sort it out soon (and cheaply)!

Hi man.

I'm not too bothered about it at the moment. She still starts up absolutely fine. But as I said just make a slightly louder noise that I was expecting

Appreciate the help!

Hope the octy is all good ?!

All the above makes me even more suspicious of the cam and lifters, it's not that I don't believe dara85, it's that there are too many low quality cam kits floating around and not all of them admit to being chinese.

Please take a look and check anyway, I'll be very happy to be wrong.

All the above makes me even more suspicious of the cam and lifters, it's not that I don't believe dara85, it's that there are too many low quality cam kits floating around and not all of them admit to being chinese.

Please take a look and check anyway, I'll be very happy to be wrong.

Ok man. I'll check this weekend. Thanks a lot

If it kicks out a load of smoke when it starts then Glow plugs is not a silly suggestion as this week has been coldest of the year so far (Well it has here anyway) its probably the first time the glow plugs have been needed this year and if one or all are not working it will shudder/knock and smoke at first start.

• Like 1