Gearbox Speed Sensor Location? 1.9TDI 90

FUBAR

As per title can anyone tell me where it is an how to get to / remove it? Any pics would be very helpful. I have ordered a replacement just to trouble shoot a bit. 

What engine do you have?I;m not sure is the correct type.

If you want the exact part no,give me your VIN and will se what;s exactly on the car

Cheers dude will send you a PM with VIN now. 

so i was right....you have exactly the same sensor as mine.There are 3 pieces

the shaft  02A 409 197

the shaft guide  02A 409 193

and the electronic sensor  191 919 149 E

So you can buy the separate part what you need or the entire unit,but the idea was the part in the ebay link above is not compatible

Edited by IulianE
  • Like 1

so i was right....you have exactly the same sensor as mine.There are 3 pieces

the shaft  02A 409 197

the shaft guide  02A 409 193

and the electronic sensor  191 919 149 E

So you can buy the separate part what you need or the entire unit,but the idea was the part in the ebay link above is not compatible

My issue is that the speedometer is out by about 2mph at 30 and 5-6mph at 60mph, as in it's under reading not over reading like you'd expect. I have no error codes in relation to this at all. Speed on VCDS shows same as needle is reading so shouldn't be the dash pod as signal being sent to it is where the fault lies. Is the electronic one the one that I am thinking of that goes into gear box? Or is it that it is all that sensor going into the box, just that it is modular and can break down into 3 parts stacked on top of each other? 

Silly question but you do have the correct size wheels / tyres fitted? We have just got a new Citroen Relay van at work (Brand new) and the speedo is miles out on it although it does over read.

Yea same ones it left the factory with 15" steelies. Over reads is what just about every vehicle does to an extent (thats not required to be calibrated by law) but mine is such that if I were to follow it I would be breaking the law. 

Yea same ones it left the factory with 15" steelies. Over reads is what just about every vehicle does to an extent (thats not required to be calibrated by law) but mine is such that if I were to follow it I would be breaking the law. 

Dont make sense that? I used to work on transits the speedo drive was colour coded as you had a lot of different final ratio diffs that were fitted so you changed the speedo drive accordingly. if you put 16" on your car it would read even lower!

Dont make sense that? I used to work on transits the speedo drive was colour coded as you had a lot of different final ratio diffs that were fitted so you changed the speedo drive accordingly. if you put 16" on your car it would read even lower!

The difference in rim size is compensated for by profile of tyres fitted making the difference negligible in the wheels only sense.  

The difference in rim size is compensated for by profile of tyres fitted making the difference negligible in the wheels only sense.  

yes indeed. But a lot of people dont realize that the profile figure is a percentage of the width so for instance 225 tyres would need a lower profile than a 195 or 205 regardless of the rim size. However the Transits (RWD)came with a choice of final drive ratios so people came unstuck when sticking in second hand gearboxes without checking which speedo drive was in the box.