My fabia for 2015

miggymoose

HI all, 

I bought my fabia in 2013 March, 51820 on clock, advisory, exhaust minor least MOT 11 months. 1 owner, When I bought it from Evans Halshaw, I took it back , tracking, back windscreen wiper was dead and did not start. They changed it under warranty. I had a brake master cylinder changed by a friend mechanic August 2013. Obvious it was not serviced when the original owner traded it in. Since then I got it MOT valued regular till now, had a front pipe put on at Mot.

Because last January, I only did 4000 miles I did not want to waste money on comprehensive service I go my mate who fitted break cylinder did an oil change after MOT at 55000 miles and he checked the brakes, 50 quid. Said plenty of meat on brakes for another year. Car has been running like a dream so far. Milage is 58340 today. I am doing a round up of next year financially. Insurance with 2 years no claims are wanting same £400. I can get it down to £200 by multi car and my mums no claims discounts, I pay for both policies. I can suspend no claims for upto 2 years. The reason is not just to save a bit of money next year, but I don't think I will own a car at the end of 2015, I might go back to catching bus as the mileage against cost is a negative. I really only bought this car cos I got a big PPI claim. If a resell I can get £1750 onwards with very low mileage. I am thinking telling Briskoda now if I have a few choices. My mums car is dead next year. I was thinking either sell both cars total of £3000 private, part ex I am not sure. Get a new 14 plate, with some saved up money and go back to one car household, buy a cheap mountain bike to get to work on early shifts. Or swap cars, let my mum drive my good car and me run around in the banger, i don't do mileage. 

I like the luxury or driving a car, but I still catch trains and buses as much as driving as I am a city pub drinker..

What you reckon.?? Get rid and have the money making interest.

I think you should subject yourself to a 2 week ban from using a car - and rely on Public Transport exclusively for that time.

You may find that you're quite happy with Public Transport for where you go and what you do and dont really miss the car, or it will highlight just how much quicker you can get from A to B with vastly increased flexibility when you have the use of your own car.

It will certainly help you make up your mind.

What else would you do with the £1750? Bank it, go on holiday, buy a drum kit? What would make you happier?

Alternative - Your Mum sells her car, buys yours off you at a discounted price, but you get to use it on the odd occasion you might need it (assuming no conflicts!)

If you're unsure whether to bother with a £1750 car, don't go and buy a 54 plate car, you would stand to loose alot more than that in depreciation alone.

Edited by rhauri