1Z (2UC) Sports Chassis All other Models from 01/06

hmmmm

SKODA OCTAVIA  06 on  (1Z)  Hatch and Combi

Rear Camber Values

Due to a number of complaints regarding rear tyre noise and wear on Octavia A5 vehicles, the rear camber values can be changed to the following settings -

Old values are: -1°45' ± 30'

New values are: -1°20' ± 30'

This information applies to Standard and Sport suspension.

This is what my combi was set to, and has worked well for a few years now.  (checked every subsequent tyre change) 

Proper lazer alignment jigs are hooked up to the www and update their settings info.  

The person doing the job is crucial, certainly more than the make of the jig.  High street tyre sellers are usually under too much time pressure or untrained to do an in depth check.

The first thing that should be checked/adjusted are the tyre pressures.

If you have the symptoms you describe, then you don't have a correctly aligned car. 

The steering wheel should be centered when driving flat, straight and level.

There should not be any pull and the car should track true "hands off".  (assuming a road not heavily cambered, motorways and most dual carrigeways are usually a good testing ground).

• Like 1

Thy aligned the car then changed the 4 tyres after. Is this normal to do it that way? It's booked in for tomorrow to get fixed.

Is completely wrong and is perhaps typical of the ignorance of the unfortunately untrained people in tyre shops.

I'd get my money back and go elsewhere, as they obviously do not have a clue.

• Like 1

Is completely wrong and is perhaps typical of the ignorance of the unfortunately untrained people in tyre shops.

I'd get my money back and go elsewhere, as they obviously do not have a clue.

It's seemingly done from a place which has amazing reviews and that's the only reason i went there. Turns out they have been bought over from other people quite recently though.