decat. is this worth it?

Check out this item I found on eBay: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=361118184529&alt=web

Hi guys just won this on ebay. Brand new and spoke to the company and they will also throw in a lambda fooler plug thibg so no EML.

I know it says will not fit RS models but alot of guys say it actually does fit standard exhaust. My vrs is already mapped to run with decat by previous owner but when i bought the car i decided not to pay the extra he wanted for the decat.

is this worth the money or should I forget it and just accept a negative feedback on ebay?

As the vRS is the only one with the AUQ engine then it must fit!

The lambda fooler is a spacer for the second lambda sensor - if they both read the same the ECU assumes the cat is busted and turns on a check engine light. The spacer changes the second one's reading.

I think it will fit, because I do not know why would not. It is not for quattro, it is not for K04, so I don't think there is another option.

edit: and if they are to throw lambda fooler, go for it.

Edited by Joo

As the vRS is the only one with the AUQ engine then it must fit!

The lambda fooler is a spacer for the second lambda sensor - if they both read the same the ECU assumes the cat is busted and turns on a check engine light. The spacer changes the second one's reading.

What the little L bend thing? Because that did **** all!

TBH, looking at the photo, it looks like a sport cat in the photo. Mine looks exactly the same, bar that lump in the middle. TBH, It gave the car a better throttle response, but that amount of hassle it causes trying to get it through an MOT... I do wonder if it is worth it.

I think the lump is just there so looks like a cat if police or anyone does a quick visual inspection. MOT is only once a year so not fussed about changing it over. Does anyone know if exhaust is louder with rest exhaust being standard. Would like a nice burble or sporty roar