superskoda led number plate lights

I purchased the exact same and worth every penny unlike the crap fizzmo bulbs you have to change every few weeks which are dull, flicker and look ****. I was shot down in flames by the fizzmo brigade when i mentioned mine. Each to their own.

• Like 2

I can only agree!!!

I had the bulbs from them failed within a week then when I removed them the end cap off the other fell off contacted that and was told to provide a pic of the crushed bulb?!? Before they would send out a replacement....fizmo =rubbish

I purchased the exact same and worth every penny unlike the crap fizzmo bulbs you have to change every few weeks which are dull, flicker and look ****. I was shot down in flames by the fizzmo brigade when i mentioned mine. Each to their own.

Yeah really good quality well chuffed with them.... well by the time you find decent ones you go throught 20 pounds worth... and those Fizzmo ones were terrible 

I tried fizpop, flop first but they are now in my door lamps.

I did get a decent set from someone called hid's direct or something like that and they are as good light wise as your initial post.

Mine were around £16 delivered not sure how that stacks against the posters.

They were supposed to be error free but after about 45seconds they pop up as a lamp out but just ignore it, as per your picture you can see them on the floor in your wing mirrors anyway :)

Are yours error free or are they coded?

Hids direct are now £12.50 a set and claim to be error free, looks like different packaging to mine from 12 months ago though.

http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/xtec-c5w-led-canbus-error-free-number-plate-bulbs/

Edited by Defenderben

I know these were expensive - however as the owner of the earlier (2011) FL vRS, I had nothing but issues with the various bulbs available. Resistors, no resistors, error-free etc.

Purchased these instead and they have been 100% since they were installed a couple of years ago. Well worth the cash if you don't want any hassle.

I tried fizpop, flop first but they are now in my door lamps.

I did get a decent set from someone called hid's direct or something like that and they are as good light wise as your initial post.

Mine were around £16 delivered not sure how that stacks against the posters.

They were supposed to be error free but after about 45seconds they pop up as a lamp out but just ignore it, as per your picture you can see them on the floor in your wing mirrors anyway :)

Are yours error free or are they coded?

Hids direct are now £12.50 a set and claim to be error free, looks like different packaging to mine from 12 months ago though.

http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/xtec-c5w-led-canbus-error-free-number-plate-bulbs/

the superskoda lights cost about 35 quid ish with free postage...  yeah mine being facelift also struggled getting any as all the error free ones never work so end up with light on the dash..... yeah these are 100% error free little resistor you have to plug in so no lights on dash or flickering 

Why do you need (or even want) number plate lights that bright?  I can understand wanting LEDs for longer life and a whiter light but that bright?

I think the time will come when legislation catches up with bulb technology and starts using brightness rather than wattage as a measure of whether a bulb is legal.  So when the brightest headlamps become illegal it will be the fault of those who have fitted bulbs like those being discussed here.

Why do you need (or even want) number plate lights that bright? I can understand wanting LEDs for longer life and a whiter light but that bright?

I think the time will come when legislation catches up with bulb technology and starts using brightness rather than wattage as a measure of whether a bulb is legal. So when the brightest headlamps become illegal it will be the fault of those who have fitted bulbs like those being discussed here.

I don't see how the brightness of number plate lights is ever an issue. These are downwards facing, so cause no glare or distraction.

It just gives the car a more Modern look rather than old halogen bulbs...but down to preference not everyone like it or bothered about led but guess why we're all different

Just been sat behind a brand new 64 plate Evoque, its number plate was lite up in a similar fashion with standard oem leds and I know the car has not been modded.

Also seen a fair few other newish vehicles with led number plate LEDs so not too sure why these are offending anyone?

No problem reading his plate in that light :)

• Like 1

Here is mine with LEDs fitted from hids direct.

IMG_20141128_195104_zpsddcb1a03.jpg

I used camera with no flash. The little middle white circle on lower part of bumper is a reflection of the moon!

I originally used fizzmo but after a couple of months one failed, they sent me a replacement then the other started flickering randomly after 10mins. It was secure in the holder, think led loosened on the board.

I removed them and stuck them in my door things and they have stayed there ever since but only operate few a short while when the door is open so have not given any other trouble.

These from hid direct have done a year with no issues :)

Edited by Defenderben
  • Like 1

I can't understand two things here -- firstly those are over bright, and could be construed as showing a white light to the rear -- in other words there could be a legality issue there.

Secondly, why all the negative comments about fizzmo bulbs? I have had fizzmos for months in both my Octavias. Neither are as bright as the Superskoda ones, but are far brighter than standard filament bulbs -- and those bulbs in mine have lasted for months without any issues whatsoever.

Mike

Not so much negative comments just for two of us they were no good and didn't work happens I guess...

Yeah a lot of new cars are like that now my boss's Bentley is the same as mine and my mates BMW....just way it's all going... you see some of the new cars with led rear lights which are so bright....the picture does make them seem a lot brighter

It's not just on this thread that Fizzmo bulbs are slated -- various other threads have posts saying the same thing. What I'm saying is that I have used Fizzmos for months without any problems at all, with no sign whatever of them failing, flickering or dimming.

Mike

Well I'm sure there are plenty of you out there mate that haven't had an issue with them sure they are good just must of got a dodgy batch

those are over bright, and could be construed as showing a white light to the rear -- in other words there could be a legality issue there.

Mike

This is why I think that using these bulbs is just encouraging 'Government' to introduce legislation limiting brightness not wattage.  Such regulations could extend to limiting the brightness of lights where brightness is to the driver's advantage rather than just a style statement.

well i cant ever see it being and issue there not dazzling while following as i followed the wife last night. looked great and can see the number plate really clearly,

the only problem i can think of if police want to stop me they can see my plate really well /-(

tbh there no brighter than any other number plate light i have used or sold

No issues with Fizzmos here, give just a nice white light without being excessive. For what it's worth, that was the Fizzmo 36mm (I think) 3 SMD bulbs.

I think the SuperSkoda ones are a bit too bright, espeically when the rear of the car is lit up as well as the number plate.

But hey, each to their own.

well i cant ever see it being and issue there not dazzling while following as i followed the wife last night. looked great and can see the number plate really clearly,

the only problem i can think of if police want to stop me they can see my plate really well /-(

tbh there no brighter than any other number plate light i have used or sold

I quite agree. They are certainly not over bright. Regarding legality and throw of light to the rear. Its downward facing not forward. I wish more people had well illuminated plates like this.

• Like 1