I really fancy having DAB radio in car.. But how?

MCD

I've got a Pure radio in the office... Love the reception and range of stations.

So, go to thinking, is there anything after market I can add to my Bolero head unit? Or do I need a different head unit?

What have you guys done? Any ideas please?

Cheers

Mike

I got one of these from ebay, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volkswagen-VW-RCD-310-DAB-Radio-RCD310-BRAND-NEW-LED-2013-14-Model-/111531551021?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item19f7cc692d.

Absolutely top quality and sounds loads better than the stream it replaced.

You will need a new aerial (dabonwheels) and possibly the columbus housing/trim, altogether it cost me £160 for the lot.

Edited by Dazzle daz

Replaced my bolero for a VW RCD510DAB which seems exactly like a Bolero but with DAB. About £200 but sell the Bolero to offset that. Also requires an aerial (mine is just a windscreen one) and a new facia surround which aren't too expensive.

That's interesting, thanks for that mate!

So does it plug straight in? Is the facia same as a columbus one then?

Also, does it light up same colour on buttons? And will my reverse sensors still appear on it visually?

Cheers... Sorry for so many questions.. Had a look in eBay and they look smart!

Mike