Buying the correct jack.

YetiMark

I'm going to swing by Halfords tonight and pick up a trolley jack for changing over to my winter wheels. Since the Yeti has a higher ride height than most cars, the question I have is do I buy the £30 one that lifts up to 34cm or do I buy the £60 one that lifts up to 54cm?

I'd rather not spend the extra money if I don't have to for a jack that will be used twice a year to change wheels over.

I'm going to swing by Halfords tonight and pick up a trolley jack for changing over to my winter wheels. Since the Yeti has a higher ride height than most cars, the question I have is do I buy the £30 one that lifts up to 34cm or do I buy the £60 one that lifts up to 54cm?

I'd rather not spend the extra money if I don't have to for a jack that will be used twice a year to change wheels over.

I bought the previouis generation £30 one some years ago. I use this on the caravan and swapped the wheels on the car over for the first time a few weeks ago with it and the ice puck tip from the forum.

Colin

If you search the topic you will find it not possible to use blocks to raise a trolley jack. It needs to be able to roll in under to stay in the correct location as the car lifts on a radius. I used a strip of plywood under mine when lifting the car on a gravel driveway. The jack was pulled forward noticeably.

Colin

• Like 1