Heated seat failed again :(

dbg400

The heated seat base on my Yeti packed up sometime after its first winter '12-'13 so that got replaced at the first service a year ago. It worked fine all winter but the first time trying it this season showed it had given up again. The dealer has confirmed the failure this afternoon, and it's booked in for the warranty replacement next Wednesday.

It's not exactly a major failure, and the dealer is close enough for it not to be a chore getting over there, but it does seem a little unlucky. I seem to recall others saying they'd had the issue more than once when I mentioned it last year, and I'm wondering if this is going to be an annual event! The ironic thing is that it doesn't get used much (a dozen times a season, if that), and when it does it's more for the benefit of my back so the hot seat isn't really appreciated anyway!

Still, if that's the only issue I have to take up on warranty I'll be pleased, as it's a great car to be in**

**though I took the opportunity to sit in the new O3 Scout and I really liked it - very nice interior including better (to me) seats. Shame the version on the online configurator topped out at over £33K :(

The drivers heated seat failed on my first 2 Yeti's.

Number 3 is OK so far,though I'm now waiting  for the heated screen to be fixed.

The fuse is OK, and it worked, up until they repaired the leaking roof... :wonder:

Now fixed again. The dealer has said that as it's happened twice it now has some history, so should it fail outside the warranty (still 30 months to run) it should still get dealt with.

Very glad to be back in it, with another frost this evening the courtesy car (Citigo Sport) windscreen had iced up - both outside & inside - which took 10 minutes to clear. Got back into mine and with the heated screen it was clear in less than a minute :)

Just another unnecessary option to go wrong. Memory seats, ( I know where mine is ) heated seats ( doesn't your **** heat yours ) sun roofs that leak ( who looks at the sky when driving ) sat nav, blue tooth, usb, mp3, park assist,  for **** sake get in it drive and get out, it's a car, suv or whatever, it just gets you from A to B.

Edited by john999boy
Added a few asterisks!
  • Like 1

My drivers heated seat base element failed & replaced 3 times under warranty, passenger side once.

It's now failed again but now the car is 4 1/2 years old, it seems that Skoda are no longer interested, having already covered half the ludicrous cost (£482) of replacing the failed heater motor earlier this year. :-(

There's a nasty catch in the Skoda warranty IMO.  Dealer fitted parts are warrantied for two years unless they are fitted during the warranty period of the vehicle itself, in which case the warranty on those parts expires at the same time as the vehicle's warranty.  So if (like me) you had a heated seat element replaced half way through the vehcile's warranty period, and the replacement failed just after the vehicle's warranty expired ie after 18 months, then you have to appeal to Skoda for "goodwill" to get a contribution towards the cost of the second replacement :(

I believe this is true for Audi and VW as well, BTW.

• Like 1

I think you'll find that applies to virtually all guarantees/warrantees for most products not just cars. Otherwise it'd be like Trigger' s broom. (ref.Only fools and horses). :giggle:

Fred

• Like 1

I have changed several on Skoda's. From my experience I have noticed it's always on the outer side (nearest side to car door) of the seat base . It's just a heated circuit and in my opinion caused by the way people slide/roll out of the seat.

Edited by FLAPPERJACK7