Cam belt + associated parts Help.? 1.9tdi Awx.

rajsta

Hello folks,

im just after a little help in sourcing the "Correct" parts.

i basically want all parts associated with and including the cam belt.

Im asking as i hear there are a few variations in parts and the local motor factors near me are useless.

so i think,

Cam belt.

Water Pump.

Cam belt tensioner? different types apparently?.

Fan Belt.?

anything else?

my vehicle is a 56 superb 1.9tdi AWX. with power steering and AC, as im sure this makes a difference to what belts to use!

I have the chassis number to hand if that will help.

There ís a full parts catalouge on vagcat.com for Superb from 2002-2005. All you have to do is to sign up on their forums. It should be possible to find out what is needed. 

Edit: I didn't know what "56 plate" meant. Sorry but your car is not in the catalogue.

Many people don't know that the Passat/A4/A6/Superb 1.9 engines have one belt for waterpump, alternator etc. and a seperate one to power the AC Compressor. Also at least in my country there were no Superbs without AC or powersteering so there shouldn't be too many variants.

Edited by nafetss

I used contitech aux (fan) and aircon belts from Eurocarparts (found via reg. no) - they were perfect.  I would recommend to change alternator pulley, aircon tensioner and aux tensioner (all INA brand) - I wish I had done it when the car was in bits for timing belt.  Garage provided the timing belt kit so can't comment on which one they used - other than that it was contitech.

• Like 1

Since your car is a 56 plate it should be new enough not to have a hydraulic cambelt damper, it should use a tensioner with a friction damper.

When I did my cambelt I used an INA kit from Eurocarparts that included a Litens tensioner, INA guide pulley (obviously since it's an INA kit!), two nuts, new studs and I think a Gates belt. Like jimbof I also used Contitech aux belts. I'd recommend getting an OEM water pump from a dealer / TPS.

These are the parts I got from Eurocarparts which are the same ones I think you need but you'll need to check yourself (give your local Eurocarparts a call and they should be able to look up the correct parts for your car):

Cambelt kit:

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Skoda_Superb_1.9_2006/p/car-parts/car-service-parts/major-service/timing-belt-kits/?348770768&1&326d9cc2d7d6f139d40af639ca101a4f5eb4435e&000332

A/C belt:

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Skoda_Superb_1.9_2006/p/car-parts/engine-parts/belts-chains-and-tensioners/car-drive-belt/?202776725&1&378112709af9058bc4bc7e04f4be8487e44f1411&000108

Aux belt:

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Skoda_Superb_1.9_2006/p/car-parts/engine-parts/belts-chains-and-tensioners/car-drive-belt/?202440715&1&6768249ee35c919acdd82677ba0fcc7a42333db2&000108

If you're planning on changing the cambelt yourself make sure you use the correct cam / crank locking tools, I don't recommend the mark and pray approach. If you're planning on getting a garage to do this for you, get them to source the parts to save any issues if anything goes wrong.

• Like 1

I used contitech aux (fan) and aircon belts from Eurocarparts (found via reg. no) - they were perfect.  I would recommend to change alternator pulley, aircon tensioner and aux tensioner (all INA brand) - I wish I had done it when the car was in bits for timing belt.  Garage provided the timing belt kit so can't comment on which one they used - other than that it was contitech.

ive just recently fitted a INA alternator pulley so im ok for that.

is this the "aircon tensioner and aux tensioner" that you mentioned? - http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Skoda_Superb_1.9_2005/p/car-parts/car-service-parts/major-service/tensioners-idlers-dampers/?226440050&1&28cd44887c44c6a2aaf7bbc225726e657caa18d6&000112

That is the one for the aircon.  The aux tensioner is separate - it is a wheel on the end of a piston. (excuse my lay description).  See my post about the one I changed here:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/313185-alternator-clutch-sounds-like-it-is-departing-safe-to-drive/?p=3828490

In the post below the one above I list the INA aircon pulley, which is what the factory fit.

Mister auto are cheaper than Eurocarparts for this and you get the proper INA part.  Don't know if Ruville is any good or not.