EGR intermitent error

tzian

Hello

i have a problem with my superb mk2 2.0tdi 170 hp 4x4 made in 2011:

last week my preaheater sensor was lit and i got the fault engine error .

i was at the service ant they say it is the EGR who does the signal for error and the solution is to change it with new one.

for 3 days the sensor led was on or off whitout a good reason and i diddnt get a pattern . i put the service diagnose a second time and i got the same error.

My only problem is that in the last 2 days , the weather was warmer and it didnt rain and i got no error on my cars and all is function well.

The reason why i did not want to change is because it involves a lot of work and removal of parts from the cars because is located in the back of the engine not in front like the old one.

does anybody got the same problem? or maybe a suggestion for how to check it?

thank you for your responses and excuse my bad english

It might be worth checking the wiring to the EGR valve first - it may be a bad connection. Wiggle or open and close all the plugs and look for rust or damage to the wiring or connectors.

I had the same last week on the way  

home from work it went into limp mode I got home and got skoda assit out.

The fault was an intermittent egr fault.Skoda assit said it was a 4 hour job and as it was still under warranty It

Went of to the dealers, in the end it was a wire from the egr chaffing and they had to change the wiring loom.

That would explain why the next day on the way to the dealers it drove fine.Check the wires first. Goodluck