Citigo GT-Elegance

Camlep

10898341_1077887282237443_47337205706128

10426255_1077888935570611_38133410595668

10898227_1077887442237427_36792219637168

Fog lights got wrapped with 'dub style' yellow today. I like it. (Before someone says driving with fogs lights on and not foggy, it's only for the photo... :P )

Love the look with the white LEDS.

Are the front lights, front fogs and number plate lights easy to swap out for LEDs?

If so could someone please tell me which ones they recommend i install.

Bulb numbers should be in the manual, however I have a list at home if need be, the headlights and drl's are a doddle to swap and the indicators are easy although a bit tight, the fogs are a bit of a bum to change, you need to unscrew the 3 torx screws on the front wheel arches then squeeze your hand in (again it's all in the manual under do it yourself I believe) but good luck

P.s the rear number plate bulb pops out with a flat head screwdriver but a replacement bulb can be very tight to get in

Love the look with the white LEDS.

Are the front lights, front fogs and number plate lights easy to swap out for LEDs?

If so could someone please tell me which ones they recommend i install.

Number plate bulb is a doddle. It's a 5W5 LED bulb for the bulb, and it's a doddle to change. I got my bulb from Halfords.

The fog lights, I confess all I've done is use Yellow tint and applied it to the fogs. No change in bulb. Don't try changing the fogs. You will lose an arm.

Changing the main lights and DRL's are a doddle too, I have Halfords xenon look h4 bulbs for my main lights and MTEC bulbs for my main light.

:-)

• Like 1

Number plate bulb is a doddle. It's a 5W5 LED bulb for the bulb, and it's a doddle to change. I got my bulb from Halfords.

The fog lights, I confess all I've done is use Yellow tint and applied it to the fogs. No change in bulb. Don't try changing the fogs. You will enter a ferocious battle that no man has ever come back from, although there is a tale from long ago of a man who did come back, but that's just an old wife's tale, it's not possible

Changing the main lights and DRL's are a doddle too, I have Halfords xenon look h4 bulbs for my main lights and MTEC bulbs for my main light.

:-)

Further to this (oh I corrected it for you also ;)

Main beam bulb no.    H4

DRL/Parking light no. W21/5W

Turn signal light no.   PY21W

Fog light no.              HB4

• Like 1

"dubstyle yellow"..............what's that when it's at home?

:)

Do 'dubs' have a monopoly on yellow foglights?

Dub Style is a car culture thing amongst some Volkswagen/Audi Group drivers. 

Basically, a VW/Audi style car that's been lowered, well waxed with little details (often things such as yellow fogs). 

It's mostly a cultural thing, and I think that cars lowered 110mm (as cool as they look) are massively impractical, but the yellow fogs I like the look of and do help in fog/heavy misty rain. :) 

Dub Style is a car culture thing amongst some Volkswagen/Audi Group drivers.

Basically, a VW/Audi style car that's been lowered, well waxed with little details (often things such as yellow fogs).

It's mostly a cultural thing, and I think that cars lowered 110mm (as cool as they look) are massively impractical, but the yellow fogs I like the look of and do help in fog/heavy misty rain. :)

Thanks for the explanation, but it was a rhettorical question, I'm well aware of the term 'dubstyle'

My point was the description of yellow fogs being 'dubstyle', as if no other make of car has yellow fogs

• Like 1

Thanks for the explanation, but it was a rhettorical question, I'm well aware of the term 'dubstyle'

My point was the description of yellow fogs being 'dubstyle', as if no other make of car has yellow fogs

Sorry, I struggle to tell sarcasm over t'internet. But yes, plenty of other cars have them obviously, I just think it looks dub on my Citigo. :) or maybe it's just me. 

Car is booked in for rear window tints tomorrow 9:30. May have to cancel though as the bad weather is starting to become a real problem already, and the roads to the place are eh... interesting...

• Like 1

Went to get tints... got halfway there, and took a look at the road I had to go on... just nope. :P 

Doubled back and got home before the worst of it hit. The snow was worsening and it hasn't stopped snowing since. Photos taken at 9:00am today, just after doubling back. Will rearrange a date for tints... Gutted, to be honest. 

However, what has to be said is that the Citigo (which is the lowered model and with standard tyres not winter wheels) was absolutely superb in the snow. I know how to drive in snow (I feel the need to mention this, as apparently nobody else in my local area knows how to, based on what I saw this morning...) and I felt the car just continue to grip, and stick to the road, trying to find any traction it could. No iffy moments, no sideways moments (and there were plenty of windy hills for me to have these moments on). Very impressed with the Citigo in the Citisnow!)

10599268_1082265678466270_74307559206784

10933780_1082265705132934_84675511317851

• Like 1

Seeing as you want the wheels done, to give you a base price mine cost £50 each so £200 in total, wasn't a full respray though, as far as I can tell the tyres stayed on

I was thinking of plasti-dipping them myself, which is about £13-14 a can. If not, I've found somewhere that will give me a full respray for 200 - perks of knowing people :D

Interesting that yours aren't a full respray, though, you'd never be able to tell from the photos! :o 

• Like 1