Towbar electric kit. Part number?

KBPhoto

I'm a little confused over which 13-pin kit is the official Skoda one for a 2010 RHD Yeti without towbar prep as I've seen two different numbers; one ending in 1 the other 2.

Can anyone definitively confirm which it is please?

Also, what extra kit do I need to add to get full functionality from the 13-pins?

Let's not debate the pros and cons of split charge relays, etc. and just say that whilst I have all the trim off I may as well add the full monty if it's not too expensive.

Again, two part descriptions / numbers exist for this in the Yeti PDF accessories brochure but no clarification as to the difference.

Is it EEA 630 101 E4 (for which I have an instruction booklet) or EEA 630 002 E4 (as this website states)?

​I want to make sure I get the right one after an initial failed attempt...

And then what is the difference between these two and which do I need to add to the above kit?:

• Split charging kit for 13 pin electrics - ZGB 000 055 200 W
  • Full functionality upgrade kit for Yeti 2009 onwards - ZGB 3T2 055 204 

Thanks.

My twopenn'orth. I bought and installed the 13 pin kit for a tow-prepped Yeti this year. This is part number EEA 630 002E4. It came with an instruction manual that covers this and the non-tow-prepped version, part number EEA 630 001E4. The parts of the installation instructions that cover this variant ARE CLEARLY FOR LEFT HAND DRIVE, with the fusebox on the left side of the vehicle. This is spelled out in box 3 of the instructions, where a note is shown saying "Left-hand drive” (for the tow-prepped version, the note states LHD and RHD).

Hope this helps.

That's what I think as well.

I have an instruction book that clearly shows RHD Yeti without towbar prep needing 'EEA 630 101 E4'.

Think that's what I'll go for.

Any ideas on the 'extras' needed for 'full functionality' (that no one has decided exactly what this is yet).

No idea! Škoda barely seem to know that you can fit a towbar, let alone any advanced functionality. When I took mine for coding the dealer said they'd never heard of doing it, and this was only a few months ago. That said, they did it right first time, which is not always the case.

• Like 1

EEA 630 101 E4 now on order - lets hope it's the right one.

But anyone know about the extras?

• Split charging kit for 13 pin electrics - ZGB 000 055 200 W
  • Full functionality upgrade kit for Yeti 2009 onwards - ZGB 3T2 055 204 

• 5 months later...

EEA 630 101 E4 is now fitted, but untested (I don't have anything to plug into it).

All went pretty well and can be read about in my project thread.

Still confused about the two 'ZGB' kits though - not that I think I'll be needing the additional functionality as I don't have a caravan. Yet!

• 1 month later...

All now tested (with a bike rack) and everything works as it should; rear sensors deactivate, OPS shows trailer in the back, all lights work in the light board.

Yes it took me a day and a half, but it all works and cost less than £350.

All now tested (with a bike rack) and everything works as it should; rear sensors deactivate, OPS shows trailer in the back, all lights work in the light board.

Yes it took me a day and a half, but it all works and cost less than £350.

Well done sir, it took the professionals 2 attempts to get it all working!

Fred

Thank you.

The coding with VCDS was the easy part. One attempt and it all worked just fine.

Maybe the dealers / fitters need to invest some time reading this forum as that is where I got all my information (and the Ross Tech Wiki).

• Like 1