DSG 140 Diesel Fuel Economy

I'm looking at buying a 140 bhp Diesel DSG Superb hatch and was wondering what sort of fuel economy am I realistically likely to get?

The total fuel economy shown on the onboard computer says 40 mpg but apparently it's been reset recently so probably only shows the figure based on driving since it was received by the dealer.

Had a 140 DSG for 6 months with mixed driving I am getting 42 mpg. Maxi dot says 47-48 but fill to fill works out at 42 mpg. Not bad as I have an estate and regularly drive with 4 people and 2 dogs. Best I have had is around 52 on a long motorway journey

I have a 140 DSG Estate.......averaging 47mpg (mostly town driving) and the best I've had is 61mpg on a motorway trip of around 300 miles although quite a chunk was through 50mph limit with average speed cameras!

You won't get it from the CR140 DSG. I get my best mpg on a long run on fast roads. I don't hang around and can usually get somewhere near 50mpg. I don't think this is so bad given the comfortable ride from the car and the feeling of safety as I cruise along. It beats having to change gears manually and feel the frustration of having to huff and puff in a big car with a 1.6 sized engine. I used to have an Octavia with the CR140 engine and a manual box. It was so much lighter that it gave me 60mpg on a similar run, but if you want top quality transport then the Superb is a much better car.

if you want top quality transport then the Superb is a much better car.

Top quality transport AND good MPG with the CR 140 engine. For a car it's size it's a good fit. A perfect balance between performance and economy. Manual or DSG should be just your own preference, don't decide based on some MPG figures on the internet alone.

• My Superb SE CR140 DSG is 6 days old and has now covered 500 odd miles. On the first brim to brim it has achieved 46.6mpg although the Maxidot is showing an over read of 10.9% indicating 51.7mpg. 
  • Both my previous Yetis over read by an average of only 5.4% so I'm hopeful that future Maxidot readings will become more realistic.
  • I've been surprised that I have achieved over 46mpg on an engine that must be 'tight' and look forward to 50mpg when loosened up.
  • Really pleased with my new car and the service from Sinclair Skoda at Swansea.

Shanco

In my Superb L & G DSG with 4 wheel drive, I average around 40mpg brim to brim over 12,000 mile/14 months ownership, about the same as my previous car a 124bhp manual

The maxidot says 47mpg so quite a difference

Don't forget the maxidot resets every 99 hours so you will get weird figures every so often after it has reset etc.....