Skoda Superb Twindoor 2012/12 Black 2.0tdi 4x4 Elegance Manual 30k miles £12k BARGAIN

zeddicus

Hi,

I am looking to gauge interest in my 2012/12 Black Skoda Superb Twindoor 4x4 Elegance 2.0tdi with a manual gearbox.

This is an extremely reluctant sale, not least because I only bought the car a few months ago, having spent the previous 6 months looking for exactly the car I wanted  :'(

Before I go on to summarise the car, let me explain why I am potentially looking to sell it. I started a new role around 6 months ago which entailed around 400 miles per week of driving. So, I was looking for a comfortable but relatively fuel efficient car (compared to my old Subaru) with 4wd in which to enjoy my journey. Having finally bought the Superb a month ago, I was looking forward to enjoying it for many years, however fate intervened! I have had to unfortunately change jobs, and it now looks like my new role will be in central London. So, from covering 400 miles per week, the Superb will now be consigned to spending 5 days a week in a station car park, and be covering only around 15-20 miles per week. The Superb is many things, but it is not best suited to being a station car! So I'm trying to see what interest there is in the car as I will then keep my old Subaru to serve as my station wheels.

The car was registered in March 2012. I bought the car from a franchise dealer (albeit a Mazda/Suzuki/Hyundai main dealer who took the car in PX) and added on an RAC Platinum 1 year warranty on top of the manufacturers warranty, so the car is covered until March 2016.

I paid £14,500 from TW White & Sons in Surrey in November 2014 and I'm hoping to recover as much of that as possible as I have only done 3k miles in it since I've had it. Most price guides put it at around £13-£13.5k in perfect condition (which it is) for a private sale. Mine also has the warranty that can be transferred for £25 to the new owner.

In terms of its history, the car's first owner had it until April 2013, so just over a year (may have been a demonstrator, but not sure). The second keeper had it until they PX'd it for a new car a couple of months ago, and I am now the third owner of the car.

In addition to the standard Elegance spec it also has clip in rear sun blinds. It has an unmarked black exterior, the standard (also unmarked) 18" alloys and a black leather interior which again looks as good as new. I can also confirm that the Columbus system accepts 7 digit postcodes, and pairs with an iPhone 4, 5 & 6. It also has a detachable tow bar  (with full electrics) which was fitted by Colbornes Skoda in 2013 for £760, I have the invoice.

The car's service history is as follows:

1) The car was supplied new Paragon Automotive Limited in Grimsby who did the PDI in March 2012

2) Colbornes Skoda, Guildford did an oil service on 10/10/12 at 6,385 miles

3) Colbornes Skoda, Guildford also saw the car again on 31/1/13 at 6,411 miles with a reference "re MPC"

4) Garland Motors, Aldershot did the next service on 25/10/13 at 14,637 miles

5) TW White & Sons (who I bought the car from) did a service on 5/11/14 at 26,722 miles

Photos of the car can be found here:

http://www.photobox.co.uk/my/album?album_id=3377889263

Feel free to PM me for further information, although I've tried to include everything that I can in the info above. You can also call me on 07748 961755 if you'd like to discuss further.

The car is located in Woking, Surrey.

I have really enjoyed the car in the very short time I've had it, but it really does seem a waste to leave a £12k car that needs to be driven in a station car park 5 days a week!

Z

I have just dropped the price to a fixed £12k as I've found my next car.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Decided to sell both Skoda and Scooby so that I can get a V6!!

If anyone needs better mpg and would like to swap a V6 for my diesel, with cash my way only please as the coffers are empty!, then get in touch.

Ideally looking for a dark colour, with black leather and front and rear sensors. Less than 50k miles and as new as possible.

Ta

Z

OK, I've just found the perfect Audi A8 to replace the Skoda with - 6.0 W12 one owner!!

So, happy to take reasonable offers - WBAC price is £11.8k which is way too low, but happy to consider any reasonable offers...

Little bit confused as to why I'm getting no offers - well, got one at £10k which was automatically rejected!!

Contrary to forum rules, I would welcome comments on my price - where should this car be?

I think the number of owners and the short time you have owned the car will put most private buyers off. I know you have stated why your short ownership but you are a complete stranger to potential buyers. If you paid £14.5k from a main dealer you will have to take a fair hit.

If you get get WBAC to pay what they offered I would take it.

• Like 1

I don't know about the price but having read your listing on eBay I'd change a few things.

You state you have only owned it a few months in the first line but then say you bought it in November , that's more than a few months to me and personally I see no reason to mention how long you have owned it until you get someone interested and they ask you. I'd take out all the waffle about how your requirements changed and start with straight facts and spec info.

I wouldn't say the relatively short ownership and number of owners would put most off, it may put a small percentage off but I've sold many cars I've owned for even less than 7 months with no problems. I think you may be struggling for two reasons, the market for Superbs is relatively small and once you get over £10-12k people usually look for dealer facilities (finance , PX).

Lovely car though!

Thanks mate, auction ends in 3 hours and if I don't get the price, I'll change the ad. I copied and pasted from above, which was great info for Briskodians, but as you say, too much waffle for eBay!

Z

My thoughts are that some folk don't want to shell out £10k plus to buy privately preferring to purchase from a main dealer paying handsomely for the luxury of a warranty.

I always prefer to buy private from someone like yourself where I can meet you, get a feel for how you have looked after your car and ask you the sort of questions that a dealer just won't know!

You can pick up a 12m warranty fairly cheaply these days so it may be worth offering with a full warranty if the full asking price was met?

Good luck with the sale!

Thanks mate, includes warranty until March 2016, I'll swallow the £25 admin fee to transfer!

Thanks mate, includes warranty until March 2016, I'll swallow the £25 admin fee to transfer!

Sorry, didn't see that but a great selling point all the same.

Someone will get a bargain!

The car market is always fickle....you just never know. I've had old Merc w124 estates bought for £600 to get me by for a few months and then sold on for £2.5k (!) whilst gorgeous (in my mind) luxe barges such as Honda Legends and Audi A8's struggled to shift at all (although I paid silly cheap money in the first place...). But I liked them :)

Yours looks a lovely car...but I think the WBAC offer was a strong one for them in the current market for diesel engined superbs.

Best of luck with that sale. Fingers crossed....

Dave

• Like 1

Thanks Dave, fingers crossed!

I've narrowed down my new car options to the Volvo S80 V8 (nice one nearby), Passat CC 3.6 ( a few out there) and a couple of wild cards in the Saab 9-3 Turbo X (worried about handling) and the Golf R32 (worried about space). Hope I shift the Superb tomorrow when auction ends so I can crack on with test drives!

Z

• Like 1

Thanks Dave, fingers crossed!

I've narrowed down my new car options to the Volvo S80 V8 (nice one nearby), Passat CC 3.6 ( a few out there) and a couple of wild cards in the Saab 9-3 Turbo X (worried about handling) and the Golf R32 (worried about space). Hope I shift the Superb tomorrow when auction ends so I can crack on with test drives!

Z

I thought you were looking for a station car? Most of these will attract scrotes and damage.

Loskie, yep, I know I was looking for a station car, and have the Subaru, but thought I'd like something a bit fun too! I can't get the sound of the Volvo V8 out of my head!!