New to the Mk2 side.

Thought id drop by this side and have a look around.

Previously owned a Mk1 Black Magic Vrs for 2 1/2 Years 

15120153878_03cb0a8383_c.jpg

Fabia Twist Front by RG Photographs, on Flickr

I had an itch that had to be scratched so i ended up buying this!

15779544708_fef4699c2b_c.jpg

mk2 vrs by RG Photographs, on Flickr

Really enjoying the car so far. The DSG will take some getting use to. I mainly drive in Semi.

• Like 4

looks good, enjoy your new car :)

you will learn the DSG, after time you can control how it reacts in auto by how you use your right foot, it becomes intuitive....

for fast driving  I am always in manual, (TC off) ... sport seems a waste of time....

you can set it up electronically, how aggressive the XDS is, steering weight, brake weight ect .... (with VCDS)

best mod by far (pretty much like the mark I ) is a RARB ;)

have fun!

• Like 2

Thanks Sharkrider and FurbyTom

Its got just under 13k on the clock, a few bits i need to tidy up. Whoever owned it previously didnt know how to clean a car. The roof has swirls. Theres the odd mark here and there. All will be sorted when the weather lets me. Even smaller bits like the exhuast has never been cleaned.

• Like 1

they put out black soot (but you will be used to that with a mark I lol) the tail pipes go black very quickly, and you may get little black soot spots on the rear.... and the ocasional puff of black smoke...

don't panic though , all perfectly normal ;) (oh, and keep an eye on the oil!lol)

Haha i had noticed the black bits on the bumper and boot lid. Not a problem at all. the exhaust cleaned up a treat, just like the mk1 use too.

I did my homework before buying haha so im awear of some of the cars issues. Thanks for the heads up!

I'm seriously happy with it so far!

• Like 1

I see your from Mansfield, where abouts exactly. We're from shirebrook and my eldest son has just bought a mk2.

Forest Town :)

Robbie you'll have to come to the Midlands Skoda meet at the snipe

I'll pop up one time. I'm surprised i havent yet.

Nice cars MK I and MKII.

Thanks man

Oh and to top things off!

It got ran into the back of today! :(

Noooo! :(.

Is it bad?

Urgh sorry to hear it mate. I bet you're gutted :(.

Not overly. New bumper though. The plastic is dented and split along the top. Already rang Rainworth Skoda for a bumper price. The guys paying for it as he didnt want to go through insurance.

Liking the new fabia and loving the mk1 too.

I was always tempted by the mk1 but never owned one.

You will really start to get to grips with the DSG. Took me a while to really get the best out of the car. Sport mode is a waste of time but in Manual with the TC off the car really comes alive.

i just recently bought my mk2 vrs in white black roof few extras on it and slightly modified too in fact owned it 3 weeks today and i miss the mk1 already and will be selling soon as xmas is out of the way for another mk1. Really like the car but its just missing something, i cant put my finger on it just not as good IMO, But good luck with yours Robbbbie!! hope you enjoy

What are the few mods on the car , & what map have you to get the 215 bhp?

Is it GK11 ***  which had a Stage 2 Remap by any chance?

Edited by goneoffSKi

What are the few mods on the car , & what map have you to get the 215 bhp?

Is it GK11 ***  which had a Stage 2 Remap by any chance?

i bought the car with them done already from someone i knew but it has itg and custom exhaust from turbo back i have a printout of it at 215bhp and 226.3lb/ft i will show.

And no its a 10 plate

Sorry yes I am running it on 99ron fuel and it was mapped on 99 to it was mapped by amd in Essex how accurate there dyno is I don't know but I can only go of what I have in front of me

Sorry yes I am running it on 99ron fuel and it was mapped on 99 to it was mapped by amd in Essex how accurate there dyno is I don't know but I can only go of what I have in front of me

I'd say sounds about right.