New to the Mk2 side.

Sport mode has its uses as described in the Owners Manual, certain roads, and driving style.

I use it for slowing down, decelerating (engine Braking)

Or to hold 1st or 2nd when going slow.  Stops the Box going up the gears

In D you having 7 Speed,  normally in 'D' with light throttle its going up the gear at about 2,400 rpm,

in 'S' at about 4,500 rpm, or even near the red line,

ie. you can go to higher RPM before the gear changes, you have 6 Speed in 'S',

& that is not necessarily faster.

If it works for you, maybe ignore what others think.

Well an update regarding the car. The "Lad" who decided to bump into the rear bumper has purchased a genuine bumper from Skoda as i asked and dropped it at the bodyshop. Im booked in for Tuesday to have it painted / fitted ect. He's blending it into the rear quarters too as he said if he just painted the bumper you would notice the difference.

All in all im very happy with the car. I managed 50mpg on the way back from Birmingham yesterday. 2000rpm 7th gear 60mph.

• Like 1

We are talking a 2 year old Metallic Paint car that the paint mix can be perfect for, no colour or lacquer issues on getting a match.

Any panel can be matched off the car by a professional painter.

Believe me there should be no need to go up the Quarter Panels to blend the paint.

(An ex Spray Painter of many years qualified, who still does hobbie spraying,)

If the painter feels he can not get the colour as a perfect match on the bumper with the green car and has to go up and blend on the quarter panel, then he is blending a bad mix, and others might well notice his blend.

If he can get away with it fair enough,

i suspect he has not sprayed with that colour previously.

Time will tell though.

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 1

We are talking a 2 year old Metallic Paint car that the paint mix can be perfect for, no colour or lacquer issues on getting a match.

Any panel can be matched off the car by a professional painter.

Believe me there should be no need to go up the Quarter Panels to blend the paint.

(An ex Spray Painter of many years qualified, who still does hobbie spraying,)

If the painter feels he can not get the colour as a perfect match on the bumper with the green car and has to go up and blend on the quarter panel, then he is blending a bad mix, and others might well notice his blend.

If he can get away with it fair enough,

i suspect he has not sprayed with that colour previously.

Time will tell though.

All i can tell you is im 100% happy with the job.

Colour is perfect. no mis match ect.

And no he's not painted that colour before.

• Like 2