Front grill detailing, sort of like on a GTI

ang9444

Hi,

I've seen a few people do it on here but i can't find the threads.. Want to add a red line along the bottom of my grill that looks like on the golf GTI (black grill and a red line along the bottom), any ideas what i need and how i can do that? I've attached a pic.

Thanks

post-121829-0-38802200-1417970879_thumb.jpg

Most on here have used various coloured pin striping down the grooves in the grille fins.

You could use a bright red self adhesive pinstripe to stick all the way along the inside edge of the grille, down both sides and along the bottom edge. It's quite cheap to buy so you can have a bit practice until you get it how you want it.

Most on here have used various coloured pin striping down the grooves in the grille fins.

You could use a bright red self adhesive pinstripe to stick all the way along the inside edge of the grille, down both sides and along the bottom edge. It's quite cheap to buy so you can have a bit practice until you get it how you want it.

Oh okay, is there a name or brand of this because i have no idea what it is? Thanks

I think it's 3M brand, any car graphics place or repair shop will sell it, you can get various size rolls and it's not that expensive either.

It comes in various widths, 5mm will probably be ok.

Edited by Gazbull17

I think it's 3M brand, any car graphics place or repair shop will sell it, you can get various size rolls and it's not that expensive either.

Okay thank you, will look into it

It comes in various widths, 5mm will probably be ok.

There's a VRS near me with a red stripe on the grill and it looks tacky IMO.

It's not a gti...

Hm it might look worse on some cars, mine is all black with red brake calipers and i think the red detailing on the grill might look good?

I did this to mine:

Photo0199_zps04129ba7.jpg

All that is is red electrical tape cut to the width of a £2 coin. It's held up well so far.

Maybe because I'm viewing it from my phone but it doesn't show to good in the picture. Ah better when I turn the phone on its side, I can see it now!

Another pic found.

I asked a chap on here what he did to colour his red and he used vinyl wrap.

8701382835_1ef51a43a4_z_zpsxoihmc9l.jpg

Where can i get it from and what type is it? That's exactly what i want to do, the same as what he has done on his front grill

I reckon black/race blue car with a gold lower grill piece (the bit were talking about changing to red) and gold wheels would look really smart. Imo

Hm i'm need to see it first lol. I reckon all black with red brake calipers and a red detail on grill (mine) lol without the grill bit for now..

I thought we were talking trying some red sticky back plastic (Electricians Tape or Pin Striping tape) on a front lower grill and see if you like it..