Rear disc conversion

Gsk02

Ok thank you. Really was hoping that wasn't the case but never mind. Love the car but don't like the effort from the drums as it makes it feel like all the effort is from the front. I'd like to remap when it's out of warranty aswell.

Ok thank you. Really was hoping that wasn't the case but never mind. Love the car but don't like the effort from the drums as it makes it feel like all the effort is from the front. I'd like to remap when it's out of warranty aswell.

You are quite right, most of the braking does take place on the front brakes..

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I bought this kit about a year ago. I have a Fabia NJ3. Fits like a charm. Although it was easy to modify I took it to my mechanic. (Im just a carpenter. :p ) All got sorted in 1 day. I can only recommend this kit.

great, would you say you noticed a big improvement?

Yes I did indeed. It gives better performance and response over my old drum brakes. The website doesn't mention but it also fits Fabia MK1. One of my mate bought this kit for his Fabia 6Y5. Im sure he is happy with the conversion. I would say it is worth changing.  :clap:  

Yes I did indeed. It gives better performance and response over my old drum brakes. The website doesn't mention but it also fits Fabia MK1. [/size]One of my mate bought this kit for his Fabia 6Y5. Im sure he is happy with the conversion. I would say it is worth changing. :clap:[/size] [/size] [/size]

Fabiaguy I'm very glad you're enjoying it! Would you mind posting some pictures of the new rear disc brake? Also, is the kit 'plug and play', in the sense that it includes everything you need?

P.s. How does the ABS and parking brake work? Is everything ok? Sorry for bothering!

Thanks !

Edited by yankarinRG

All I can say is that my mechanic had no issues with this brake modification and everything (parking brake, ABS) works as before. I don't think he missed anything from the kit. I'll try to post some pictures later on but I won't see much. My car is pretty dirty now.  :p

Edited by fabiaguy85

• 4 months later...

On the site it mentions that you have to modify the caliper brackets for fabia mk2 5J. Anyone done it please. Also I think my mounts behind the rear drums don't exist. Ive seen different hubs from a vw poll with the brackets to hold the caliper brackets.

Edited by Colesy82
Typo