My Sasha

CitigoSport2013

Should I just wander on with the eibachs on my screen on my phone and show them? Lol might be fastee because I bet there not even looking, maybe there hoping I just give up and dont chase them up about it....they dont know me lol

I'd go in with the part on your phone, say that you have checke and the part is Skoda approved. You're happy to order them, and what pice will they give you to fit them?

Also, Skoda tend to bump prices up. I'd get a quote from a respected independent garage, too.

I have a very useful mechanic that I used to take all my cars to before I went and got a brand new one and he never steered me wrong lol im just thinking though if I got it done by my independent garage wouldnt that cause some problems warranty wise because it wouldnt be fitted by one of there dealerships?

I have a very useful mechanic that I used to take all my cars to before I went and got a brand new one and he never steered me wrong lol im just thinking though if I got it done by my independent garage wouldnt that cause some problems warranty wise because it wouldnt be fitted by one of there dealerships?

Nope. I spoke to Skoda about this when I got my diffuser and spoiler fitted. 

They were bumping me up in price, so I said I'll take it to an independent bodyshop (who were significantly cheaper). 

This, they said, did not void the warranty. It's the parts that void the warranty, not who fits them. You could fit them yourself. It is impossible to install Eibach's in any possible way that will void the warranty. (Inb4 many of the forums pedants, who I'm sure will find a way.. :D )

However, my point still stands. It doesn't matter who fits them, it will not void the warranty. :) 

Theres a difference between this and just slapping any old coilovers under it haha I have taste ;)

I'd happily get mine lowered, personally because I enjoy the look of disbelief when some knob end in a bmw is up my chuff at a roundabout and I leave him behind, funily enough after that they stick a little further back

Perhaps it's my tiredness, but what do you mean leave them behind? Lowering the car doesn't make it faster?

So confused! :P or is this a joke that's going over my head?... (also plausible).

I want to ask Skoda to fit 40mm springs to mine. I think it'd look so cool. Only for use during the show season. 

Already done this several times cos its already a little bit lower than the standard citigo, all sports are :D

More importantly so are the greentec models, I'm going to pretty much tell my insurers, once its lowered it should hopefully save some money on fuel bills, it'll be more economical lowered

Perhaps it's my tiredness, but what do you mean leave them behind? Lowering the car doesn't make it faster?

So confused! :p or is this a joke that's going over my head?... (also plausible).

I want to ask Skoda to fit 40mm springs to mine. I think it'd look so cool. Only for use during the show season. 

Basically, the citigo can corner pretty well at high speeds, unlike some of the more powerful cars (like a bmw for example) I know there's no hope in a straight line, but the citigo is quite comfortable flinging itself into a bend in 2nd gear at 4k revs 

• Like 1

Basically, the citigo can corner pretty well at high speeds, unlike some of the more powerful cars (like a bmw for example) I know there's no hope in a straight line, but the citigo is quite comfortable flinging itself into a bend in 2nd gear at 4k revs

Spot on! :)

• Like 1

Acceleration is also a major asset of our little light four wheeled friend from some traffic lights bear whee I live it merges into one lane about 50 yards after the lights and theres not much that can beat me to that point to merge in front of me haha

Aww, yes. I knew that. But the former was correct, it's my tiredness. 

And completely agree with the above post. I had a white van tailgate me home the other day, and then pull into the filter lane inside me to undertake. It re-merges with my lane in about 100 yards. And despite his desperate attempts (involving much tire spin), my 0-40 speed was significantly faster (and also more controlled) and he still ended up behind me...

• Like 1

The citigo definitely has some great torque, it's a bit naughty, but I remember a while ago have a small drag race with a VW T5 van, kept up no problems and speeds were up to 85 (in a 70mph zone I swear :x)

Mine does 0-60 in about 7 seconds flat.  :nerd:

In all seriousness, though, it does pull pretty well for such a small engined small powered car. The fact it weighs as much as a baker's dozen probably helps, though. 

Mine does 0-60 in about 7 seconds flat.  :nerd:

In all seriousness, though, it does pull pretty well for such a small engined small powered car. The fact it weighs as much as a baker's dozen probably helps, though. 

7 seconds?! Flippin nora, do you have the 75ps engine then?

• Like 1

The thing about dashcams is they don't seem to give you the look of speed.

:no: damn fisheye lens

I dont get it?

The person flashing me was a policeman, I don't know why he flashed me, my only guessing was I went round the corner a bit quicker than some