No hot air out of heater

Hello everybody I am a Newby here. Don't know much about modern day cars. I have a skoda fabia 51reg 1.4 mpi with wind up windows. It's a great little car most of the time. The problem I have all started when I put a new battery on. I took the old one off thinking I would have to do the radio code thingy. But what happened was as soon as the new battery was attached the radio started playing, my keys where not in the ignition. Good luck for once I thought. The car started up perfectly but now I have no heat out of the heater. It blows cold air on all the settings. It blows 4 different amounts of air but no heat. The water header tank is at the correct level. The car has only done 60000 miles. Can someone please help me..

What says your temp needle in the dashboard? If it's not raising than you might have a stuck thermostat. If it's raising and you still not getting any hot air, check the polen filter. It might be wet. You can also run a fault scan with a vag com interface for HVAC and reset the position of the air flor flap(s).

L.E.: mine starts to blow warm air (not hot) after about 5 minutes of driving. It gets hot in about 10 minutes. Not hot enough as I'd expected, but it's ok-ish.

Edited by Alexandru