Revo, Bluefin or Shark?

I'm looking for some advice from owners that currently have their tfsi remapped with either of the 3 companies I've listed above. They all come with their obvious pros and cons, Bluefin and Shark are significantly cheaper but I have a Revo dealer in the quite excellent Autotechnica just a few miles away. This would obviously be much more practical in terms of any software issues. Shark isn't a million miles away and the Bluefin is obviously done yourself.

Having come from a remapped Focus ST I avoided Revo, tried Bluefin but wasn't overly sold once I'd opted for my local tuner which in my opinion was vastly superior to the Bluefin.

I know there are various offers on at the moment but unfortunately it's something that will have to wait until the new year. Shark obviously offer a permanent 10% to freedom members.

Any feedback on experiences with each map would be greatly appreciated.

Rich

I'd personally have to recommend Shark to you.

The after care you get if needed is incredible and their knowledge about mapping is second to none!

They give you one of the safest maps out there while still releasing great gains and performance.

I get the impression Revo maps are very agresive ( although I have no evidence or experience of this so take it with a pinch of salt )

Plus if your waiting till New Year then the 10% will be good as well.

Shark +3.

I've debated mapping mine for ages and so have only had it done since October. Now wish I had a time machine so I could go back and do it earlier.

The added punch is fantastic. Above 3500rpm the thing pulls like a train!

Quite simply brilliant.

• Like 1

Hi all,I've got 57 tfsi with 97k on the clock and I think to remap it as well do you think is going to affect my clutch?thanks

Mine has 105k and is fine. I suspect life expectancy of a clutch is so variable due to different levels of sympathy/abuse that there is no definitive answer to this!

Hi all,I've got 57 tfsi with 97k on the clock and I think to remap it as well do you think is going to affect my clutch?thanks

depends on the remap I guess. I had Revo on my VRS and it killed that clutch after just 16,000 miles (36,000 total miles!) The Shark remap was on for around 25,000 miles (31,000 total miles) before I went KO4 and it was as good at the end as it was when brand new. :)

Really tempted now by a shark remap. With 25% off it makes it £186 for my car.

Would this discount also apply to the other shark dealers? There is one in York.

Phil

• Like 2

Really tempted now by a shark remap. With 25% off it makes it £186 for my car.

Would this discount also apply to the other shark dealers? There is one in York.

Phil

It does yes :)