Mechanic Recomendation - Ireland

Hi Guys,

The light fault has been doing my head in. Im nearly 100% sure its the level sensors. Skoda garage and most ive been to havent a clue when i tell them. 

Brought it to Main dealer and told them exactly what the problem is, left the car with them.

The scanned it and rang me back to tell me i had a light warning on my dash! Brilliant work. tried to tell me they replace a few bulbs a blah blah.

i told them again what the problem was, ..... frustrating.

any way car isnt fixed, dont trust them to do the work. its hard to get a good mechanic.

Can anyone PM me contact details for one in Ireland, preferably Dublin area?

Thanks

• 2 months later...

You can get into the headlight not adjusted state if you don't complete the headlight adjustment procedure in basic settings correctly or try and do it with the car on a hill. I did this when fiddling (don't touch it if it isn't broken) and it took me a couple of goes through basic settings to get it to go back; I moved the car to some flat land and went back through the procedure. The procedure with VCDS I recall was a little fiddly.

The Internal Control Module Memory Error though could be why it won't adjust. It might not be able to write to the EEPROM to store the settings, or the EEPROM might have become corrupted.

There was on MK4 Golfs quite a good chance of corrupting the airbag controller EEPROM by using VCDS - it happened to my brother's Golf. The only safe way to fix that is to buy a new airbag controller - but in his case he used a Chinese dongle which reprogrammed the EEPROM - though of course you never know if the airbags will ever work again...

Can you read back the level sensor values through VCDS measuring blocks, with the vehicle on various inclines, to see if they are working?

I wrote the reply with my experience on the topic mentioned above by you. At least this happened to me as the headlights wouldn't perform the self-leveling procedure anymore and they were stuck down, lighting just 3 m in front of the car. If this is your case, then you might find this useful, otherwise trace as recommended by jimbof...

Trimis de pe al meu D5503 folosind Tapatalk

Edited by iob