Mileage on a brand new car at dealers?

Suprc

When picking up your brand new ordered car at the dealer, what mileage did it have? Presuming the car was transported by truck.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I've been lucky enough to have a brand new car every three years for the past 15 years (company cars) and as far as I can remember they have all had somewhere between 5 and 10 miles on the clock. My 2013 Superb FL had 7 miles on it when I picked it up last year.

Mine had about 5 miles on if I remember correct... Also, if I remember correctly the dealer can reset the mileage to zero on modern cars if needed, but only if the car has done less than a certain mileage, i.e 50 miles... 

If you think about it, the factory will test drive, it is moved around the shipping yards, then at the dealers..  

When picking up your brand new ordered car at the dealer, what mileage did it have? Presuming the car was transported by truck.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I presume your car had a considerable amount of mileage on it when you received?

Mine had just under 100 but had been delivered by the supplier direct to me (driven)

Thanks all for you participation in the post. Fun to se what others had on the clock when collecting their cars!=D Keep 'em commin'!

I presume your car had a considerable amount of mileage on it when you received?

Mine had just under 100 but had been delivered by the supplier direct to me (driven)

No:), have not had the car delivered yet. 

• Like 1

Thanks all for you participation in the post. Fun to se what others had on the clock when collecting their cars!=D Keep 'em commin'!

No:), have not had the car delivered yet.

Ah! Presumed you had.

I have read that with some makes of car the odometer of a new car can be reset once by the dealer provided the mileage is below a certain figure eg less than 100 miles. Can this be done by VAG dealers? (I am not referring to the procedure where the mileage on a new cluster is adjusted to read the same as the old cluster it replaces.)