Lower Grille - Protector

tecton

Hi

Just bought the front bumper lower grille protector off "SuperSkoda". Does anybody know how to fit them? Asked SuperSkoda, but they just pointed me to the pictures on the product page.

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/SUPERB/Superb-II-winter-grille-cover-for-the-front-bumper-in-OEM-design

Ideas anyone.

Looks like it fits over the front of the grille and then the two little bits you got with it will screw or fasten from the back of the grille to holdnin place.

To get to rear of grille, take out the plastic stuff (under the bonnet), at the top of the radiator. You need a something to undo the plastic pins holding it in (sorry, can't remember how I didn't that well). Then reach down behind the grille, but in front of the radiator to attach. They should be bridging two of the horizontal bars on the grille.

Apologies for the rather poor method explanation, long day and doing this on phone :-)

Just fitted one of these from Skodadop as in the week I'm doing short runs. Seems ok so far, engine temperature is stable in town and on motorway.

Most of cooling air goes in below bumper.

Instructions to fit were useless, and not sure how I will get it off again, assuming it will need to come off in the summer.

skoda-superb-ii-08-verhnij-zimnij-ekran-

My 2.0 TDi 170 takes ages to warm up on these cold mornings and was wondering if this would be worth fitting? any views on this?

My car used to take 12 mins for the radiator temperature needle to hit 90C. Now, after fitting this http://www.briskoda.net/forums/index.php?/topic/317880-DIY-Guide%3A-Lower-Grille-Guard/page__view__findpost__p__3804458 it hits 90 at 9 mins. So I would imagine that totally blocking the lower grille would be even quicker at heating up.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Just a quick update, still running with the grille cover fitted. No problems with temperatures. Just needs tightening as seems to be a bit loose.

I purchased both but so far have only used the 'upper' cover which worked brilliantly in the swiss winter....but mine's petrol v6 so not sure how temps work in contrast to dispel lumps suffice to say that temps stayed constant especially on chilly motorway runs.

Taken off for summer....easy to do I found....just finger tight (once you've located the 't' piece behind a vane on your grill....).