My 3 years are up

MikeWales

I've had Gladwys almost 3 years now. I bought her 6 months old and she has reached the MOT period.

She also needed a service, very convenient, after 3 years 37,000 miles only her second service.

Sinclair Swansea in their shiny new showroom were the ones who were charged with her well being.

They gave me a brand new 1.2 Yeti in a nice shade of Metal Grey metallic as a courtesy car. It was interesting to try a 1.2 manual petrol after my 2.0 diesel DSG.

Obviously not so much poke and less able to lift her skirts when you needed a quick burst, but overall I was very surprised.

I averaged 34 mpg against my usual 44 mpg, so not too bad.

Gladwys was waiting for me, all clean on my return and Simeon and all the team had worked their usual magic - MOT passed. 

I offered to pay, but they would have none of it.

I thought this was a very generous seasonal offer, but I had forgotten that I had a 2 year service plan.  :nerd:

So, all in all, a great day.  :clap:

Seasons Greetings to one and all 

• Like 1

Happy for you that Gladwys has a clean bill of health.  You weren't tempted by the Baby Yeti, then?  I must say, the difference in mpg is quite surprising - nearly 30% better in the 2.0 diesel is quite a jump. 

Happy for you that Gladwys has a clean bill of health.  You weren't tempted by the Baby Yeti, then?  I must say, the difference in mpg is quite surprising - nearly 30% better in the 2.0 diesel is quite a jump. 

No, I don't think so, I like the 4 x 4 drive.

• Like 1

Saint Gwladys ferch Brychan or St Gladys (Latin-Claudia), daughter of King Brychan of Brycheiniog, was the queen of the saint-kingGwynllyw Milwr and the mother of Cadoc "the Wise", whose vita may be the earliest saint's life to mention Arthur. Gwladys's other children wereCynidrBugiCyfywMachesGlywys II and Egwine. Today her main church and associated school is in Bargoed.

Welsh - see! 

Saint Gwladys ferch Brychan or St Gladys (Latin-Claudia), daughter of King Brychan of Brycheiniog, was the queen of the saint-kingGwynllyw Milwr and the mother of Cadoc "the Wise", whose vita may be the earliest saint's life to mention Arthur. Gwladys's other children wereCynidrBugiCyfywMachesGlywys II and Egwine. Today her main church and associated school is in Bargoed.

Welsh - see! 

And there was I thinking Pembrokeshire was 'little England beyond Wales'.

Shanco  :D  :D  :D

• Like 1

And there was I thinking Pembrokeshire was 'little England beyond Wales'.

Shanco  :D  :D  :D

Only the southern bit, below the Landsker Castle line!

I learnt my most useful Welsh when I was 16, up at Boncath. If you couldn't order your beer in Welsh you didn't get served!!

• Like 1

Only the southern bit, below the Landsker Castle line!

I learnt my most useful Welsh when I was 16, up at Boncath. If you couldn't order your beer in Welsh you didn't get served!!

Boncath - oooo bandit territory.

I'm North West, so I'm over the Pembrokeshire/Welsh/English border.

Nadolig Llanwen.