Isofix child seat fixing

Sanqhar

I have twin grandchildren who currently travel in car seats using the Isofix system.  A problem their parents have is that the gap between the seats is not enough for a third adult to travel in the car.

I was visiting them today and decided to measure the distance between the the inner two Isofix slots in their cars.  Interesting results.  

BMW X1            38cm

Honda Jazz       38cm

Then comes the interesting part, I measured my Yeti it was 50cm.  I had to measure it twice as I couldn't believe that the Yeti space was 12cm wider.

What a result, suddenly three adults plus the twins can travel together.  The gap was snug but useable.

Result!!

tom

We've got two recaro isofix bases in the back of our Yeti and I'd say you'd have to have extremely narrow hips to sit between them. Getting in and out would be a pain too.

When we want to take 3 adults and two kids, we move one kid's seat to the front passenger seat, leaving one in the back and two free slots, allowing better space and access.  That said, we have had three kids across the back - the two ISOFIX seats in the outer locations and a third Trunki Boostapak in the middle.  A minor niggle about using the middle seat is the arrangement of the seatbelt, which is not that easy to manipulate with two seats in place.