My Mk1 Vrs wagon

PaulBVrs

Hi everyone, just a little introduction to my newly acquired Mk1 Vrs wagon...It's a bit of a change from what I've owned in the past, but with an 8 month old little boy, the need for something a bit more practical arose.

I still wanted something with a bit of poke that I could have a bit of fun in, without spending much more than a couple of grand. So this seemed to fit the bill, and to be honest I am really liking it.

It's had a few bits done to it already and running about 220bhp. It's quicker than I thought it would be and handles really quite well. There's a few bits I want to do, nothing major....possibly get the wheels refurbed in black and I've just got some black upholstery paint for the door cards to continue the black theme. I also need to sort the numberplate situation out as it annoys me hanging over the side like it does, but I'm reluctant to put it in the middle, in front of the intercooler?!

Here's some pics of how it stands at the moment...

20141215_14164_edit_1418719362168.jpg

20141215_14235_edit_1418721496061.jpg

20141215_142018.jpg

20141215_141922.jpg

I've been thinking about changing the wheels for 17" Spiders in black but they're hard to find and seem expensive so might stick with the Nuvolari reps as I do like them on the Octavia.

Anyway, I will update when bits are done. Any thoughts/suggestions welcome. :-)

• Like 3

Looks pretty mint, nice buy!

The fact that it seems to come with FMIC and wide mouth is a bit of a bonus - it's one of the most common mods but is a right PITA to do unless you go the very expensive Forge route. If it was me I'd strip off the flyeyes and find a good set of spiders but each to their own. Those wheels suit the car a lot better than most 'non spider' wheels though so no real need. Maybe just locate some Skoda centre caps?

Nice to have the Leon Cupra seats as well, far more comfy and grippy than the originals.

Welcome to Briskoda - local as well by the looks of it, wherabouts in Soton are you?

Looks great to me. I would keep the wheels personally, they suit the car, but refurbing them in all black might be a bit too much IMO. I would rip the Flyeyes off and put Lamin-X on, look better. and reduction in light either.

Some good mods already done, which is a big bonus.

Looks very nice.  I always wanted an estate in black but when I was looking they'd all gone to ground.  220bhp sounds very useful too, it should help moving the family & associated gubbins around a lot easier. :thumbup:

Cheers guys. I'll have a look at the Lamin-x. Got new front indicators to go on as a clip on one of them is broken, so might do it at the same time.

Few bits of touching up that need doing and a good t-cut and polish but the weather is so **** there's no point atm.

Will need new tyres soon too but prob wait till the new year and get the wheels done then at the same time.

Girardi - I'm Chandlers Ford, near Eastleigh.

So today I got the doorcards done. Started masking them up and the tape wouldn't stick no matter what I tried! I didn't have much time so didn't want to faf about taking door cards off, so in the end I just sprayed the stuff on and wiped the overspray off!

It actually worked quite well and pleased with the results...

20141219_155413.jpg

20141219_155313.jpg

This is the stuff I used. The sprayer stopped working after the first door and I started getting angry. Managed to get it working again though....1 tin was just about enough to do the 4 doors!!

20141219_155448.jpg

Also shined the tailpipe up...looked like it had been sprayed black?? Anyway it looked rubbish, looks better now.

20141219_161114.jpg

I've also now got to get a new wing mirror glass as some knobhead hit mine whilst mine was parked up and popped the glass straight out, all over the road!

• Like 1