Headlight problems

Jigger72

Hi folks,

The other day on the way to Whipsnade Zoo with the kids I got a bulb failure message. Arrived at Whipsnade car park, had a look, and had to replace the H7 dipped beam bulb. Not a problem as it was the passenger side. I also noticed that the W5W bulb wasn't working either so I replaced that with one from my glovebox spares kit, but this new bulb was blue coloured, and didn't work either :(

My questions are thus:

1. I assume that the W5W bulb should be on at the same time as the diipped beam as the other side seems to be?

2. Is it possible that the 'new' W5W bulb is just duff, or are there any known fuse or wiring problems I should be looking at?

Next questions concern the H3 high beam bulb. While I was replacing the others I noticed the H3 bulb was a bit loose in its housing. I made the fatal error of 'looking' at it and spent the next 1.5 hours in a freezing Whipsnade car park trying to reinsert it securely using a weird spring clip thing but coudln't for the life of me work out how it secures the bulb?

Can anyone explain how this works, or have a picture so I can see? It completely stumped me :wall:  

The bulb works fine, it just wobbles about in the gap now and I'm worried it will fall out into the headlamp back casing.

Any help appreciated. Cheers :thumbup: