Another Tyre Question

segelflugandy

I've been running on Hankook Optimo 4S since March 2013, around 24000 miles and they still have circa 5mm of tread left, (which to me seems to be pretty good). They have coped well under all conditions I have encountered but have yet to experience  any major snow events due to the recent mild winters. 

However, my question is this. I have been un-lucky and picked up a puncture and the 4x4 system disguised it for long enough to trash the tyre. So I now have 1 brand new tyre with 8mm of tread running along with 3 tyres with 5mm. Should I bite the bullet and buy another tyre to even things up a bit or stay as is with the potetntial for handling differences? I guess the 4W drive system will help to even things out but am interested in your opinions. New tyre has been fitted to the front.

Happy Christmas

Cheers!

I always change tyres in pairs, unless the other one is nearly new (and the same make/model) so there aren't any imbalances in acceleration/braking/cornering. In certain EU countries its illegal to have mismatched tyres on an axle, for those reasons.